Senior Automation Programmer - National Operations Center (NOC) - Remote (US)
The selected candidate for this opportunity can sit anywhere within the United States.
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized as one of the world's largest and best-known companies in 2022 by:
- Fortune: World's Most Admired Companies
- Forbes: America's Best Large Employers, America's Best Employers for Diversity, and Best Employers for New Graduates
- Fast Company: Most Innovative Companies and World Changing Ideas Awards
- Corporate Equality Index: Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position creates and provides a complete programming package to the project team. The package includes a sequence of operation, virtual points, pre-tested programming, and onsite functional testing for assigned projects. The objectives of building automation are improved occupant comfort, efficient operation of building systems, reduction in energy consumption and operating costs, and improved life cycle of utilities.
- Write programs and virtual points for approved submittals using automated programming tools
- Provide pre-sale assistance for labor estimating
- Create functional testing documents and flowcharts.
- Set up virtual and physical testing system to test programs prior to release.
- Create functional testing check-out sheets to be included in the Specialist’s check-out book.
- Assist Graphics Designer with incorporating dynamic point information into graphics.
- Review design content to provide Specialists with the information needed to optimize start-up and commissioning.
- Prepare Requests for Information (RFIs) to identify specification discrepancies and request clarification. Determine the cost impact of requested changes.
- May provide onsite assistance with functional testing
- May provide advice, training, and technical assistance to support staff and entry-level employees.
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
- Experience programming HVAC systems and developing HVAC controls strategies; 4+ years preferred
- Proven electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) and user PC/software skills
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.