Electrification is a key driver of global sustainability, as it enables the transition to a low-carbon economy and helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions. As a leader in the power industry, Siemens is committed to promoting electrification and sustainability through our products, services, and operations.
In the Electrification & Automation business within Siemens, we develop innovative solutions that can be delivered at scale. Engineers on our team support customers in deploying industry leading technologies for protection, control and automation of traditional electrical systems and grid infrastructure. We are also at the forefront of emerging technologies developing new approaches to support customers in deploying microgrids, renewable energy generation, energy storage, and electrification of transportation. Through this we are helping our customers reduce their carbon footprint and achieve their sustainability goals. Our commitment to sustainability is reflected in our core values and is a key part of our mission to create a better future for all.
We are looking for passionate, talented engineers to help us defines today’s technologies that will be the backbone of tomorrows electrical power grid. Come expand your career with us and together we will make a real difference in the world!
The P&A solutions engineering role is an investment in the future of our business. Working together with the Product Line Management Team, Sales Team and Engineering teams, this technical expert role will be responsible for leading the development of standardized solutions. Solutions will vary in nature and may include a wide variety of protection, automation, and control products. The overall objective of this role is to help identify solutions that create real value for customers based on defined applications. These solutions will then be developed to the point they can be used on a specific customer project for that application with minimal customization effort required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Server as internal subject matter expert on systems architecture
- Design, development, testing and implementation of standardized application specific protection, control and/or automation solutions
- Configure and test protection relays, RTUs or PLCs for protection and controls schemes of substations systems and generation stations
- Develop new application solutions with IEC61850 or other communication protocols relevant in the energy automation field
- Development of protection schemes and logic diagrams
- Review processes and tools and support improvements in overall efficiency.
BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Similar with applicable experience
A minimum of 6 years of relevant engineering experience preferably in the power automation or protection engineering field. A strong candidate should be able to demonstrate applied knowledge in the following areas:
- Configuring relay/automation products with one of the major brands; Siemens, GE, SEL or ABB
- Protection Schemes (Busbar, Transformer, Breaker, Capacitor bank, etc.)
- Sub-station communication networking
- Communication protocols which may include IEC61850 (MMS/GOOSE/SMV), DNP, Modbus, Profinet
Considered a Plus – Not Required:
The following experience is not required but candidates who can demonstrate knowledge in these areas will be given extra consideration:
- SICAM PAS
- SICAM SCC/WinCC
- Generator protection (including protection settings calculation)
- High voltage, distribution, and generation applications
- Professional Engineer license
- C Programming Language experience.
- Control and Protection commissioning experience
- SIMATIC TIA Portal
- AcSELerator QuickSet SEL-5030
In addition to the growth and development opportunities we continue to foster, we offer included benefits of flexible PTO, a matching 401K plan, stock share match, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, potential for hybrid remote work, and so much more.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.