Our Cypress branch is seeking an Commissioning Engineer / Technical Subject Matter Expert to support our building technologies security projects in the Los Angeles market. This role is responsible for assisting operation in project execution support. Tasks include; production selection, assisting in BOM development, planning, executing, testing, and commissioning large complex security systems. Primary focus in video management, access control, intrusion detection, visitor access, networks, and other related systems and components. The commission Engineer / SME will participate within a diverse project team on the project development, and implementation of these projects. The project team may include customer resources as well as other contractors.
Candidate should meet the following requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years’ experience in security systems support, programming, installation, and servicing large complex access control (ACS), intrusion detection (IDS), visitor access (VAS), video management (VMS) and related systems
- Extensive experience in the documentation, and integration of these systems
- Understands and can follow various IT project processes
- Can perform as senior technical resource for resolution of system errors, failures
- Experience in layout, integration and design of security and surveillance systems
- Technical training on systems designed a requirement: CCURE, VMS systems, camera technologies, network, and software architecture
- Take part in and can lead the commissioning of these systems. Responsible for acceptance test scripts and documenting performance parameters
- Must hold current certifications in access control, video management, and Intrusion system
- Knowledge and awareness of project management principles, documents, and plans.
- Successfully serves as point of authority and/or source of technical/scientific knowledge for area of expertise
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues
- Must hold or can complete the following certifications
from Software House CCURE 9000 Enterprise systems
- CCURE Installer/Maintainer (required)
- CCURE Advance Integrator (required)
- CCURE Enterprise Integrator (preferred)
- Stratus everRun Enterprise Installation and Maintenance (preferred)
- Genetec IP video certifications (required)
- Nice audio recording certification preferred
- Network training and certification required
This job is based in Cypress, California. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html
The base salary range for this position in Cypress, California is $71,550 - $115,920.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.