Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of Smart Building. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Our System Engineers is a professional who is responsible for all technical and engineering aspects of their assigned projects. They plan, schedule, forecast and manage all the technical tasks of their assigned project to assure accuracy, proper resources, and quality from start to finish. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and solution-thinking, helping you become a trusted partner in customer project execution.
Explore our Digital World
Do you want to create technologies that transform the everyday for billions of people? Our digital careers offer the opportunity to shape the next era of growth and innovation, challenging ourselves to build a better future. By creating ground-breaking technologies that transform our world, we need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow reality. Picture yourself in the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Work life balance – Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspace
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects
• Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment
• Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale
• Competitive total rewards package and flexi benefits
• Employee Share Options
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives
• Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events
• Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them
• Diversity and inclusivity focused
What will you do?
The Smart Building Solutions (SBS) is a Regional Solution and Service business unit, part of Siemens Smart Infrastructure. We are looking for an experienced System Engineer in Fire System and with digital knowledge to strengthen our engineering in ASEAN. You will ensure high quality engineering and commissioning until the finish line. If you are in search of high-growth tech exposure and would enjoy working as the face of a brand through execution of projects — this role is for you!
By joining Siemens, you will become part of the global team with world-class brand and reputation. We’re looking for passionate and highly motivated you to bring the best to our customers and earn their trust together.
You will be part for countries project execution growth in collaboration with country management and peers, regional SBS teams of Engineering and Execution among others for engineering and delivering Fire System with digital solutions to the market.
Position will be in Singapore with expected travelling within ASEAN countries.
- Design, program and commission enterprise fire alarming systems for Commercial, Industrial facilities, Healthcare infrastructures, Laboratories and Pharmaceutical plants among other critical facilities
- Stay up to date with the latest fire alarming technologies trends and regulatory fire code and make recommendations for improvements to fire alarm system.
- Perform all site commissioning and troubleshooting activities as required
- Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and system specialist for commissioning and validation
- Independently designs and configures Fire alarm systems for standard (e.g., BS EN, NFPA, Singapore Fire codes/etc.) and/or critical environment facilities
- Designs the integrated Fire alarm systems consisting of layouts, bill of materials, sequence of operations, control panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications, and contract documents
- Designs mainly Fire alarm systems network architecture to support operator workstations, Servers, third-party integration devices connected through Ethernet, BACnet etc.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks
- Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and system specialist for use in commissioning and validation
- Selects proper types and sizes of company products and outside suppliers to meet project requirements
- Oversees the creation of system graphics
Required Education, Knowledge/Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Engineering or related field referred
- 3-5 years of engineering experience Building Management/Automation with system deployment experience in Industrial, Commercial, Data Centers, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare environments
- Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required
- Good understanding of pharmaceutical regulations, lab design and control requirement
- Proficiency in industrial communication protocol like, Modbus, BACnet, OPC, API etc is a must
- Well verse in networking design and a good understanding of cloud infrastructure, digital solutions and public network connectivity
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong documentation and organizational skills
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time