Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as and Managing Director & Vice President Instrument Manufacturing at our Swords site near Dublin, Ireland.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed.
The Role: Siemens Healthineers is seeking an energetic, strategic leader and influencer to lead our Laboratory Instruments Manufacturing site in Swords/Dublin, Ireland. Reporting directly to the Vice President Global Instrument Manufacturing, the Managing Director and VP of Manufacturing Swords will be an integral part of Siemens Healthineers’ leadership team providing direction and leadership to the site’s manufacturing, engineering, supply chain and logistics teams to achieve production targets and related business objectives.
He/she will lead long term strategic improvements and a continuous effort to significantly improve efficiency and operational effectiveness. This individual will set and articulate operational goals at the site and drive the organization to achieve stated goals.
- Develop and implement successful manufacturing operational & maintenance strategies for Siemens Healthineers’ products to meet and exceed company production objectives as well as identifying long term strategic changes and process improvements that will significantly transform and improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Analyze current business capability and other dynamics to identify key priorities for response, including leveraging internal/external resources to maximize production and output.
- Develop, direct, and implement strategic manufacturing management plans, policies, procedures, and systems in order to best achieve overall manufacturing, quality, and delivery targets.
- Enable sustained, long-term change and transformation process and by explicitly laying out a clear strategic plan to drive change while monitoring continued progress and performance.
- Embrace the Siemens Healthineers Performance System, provide leadership and advice to team in determining “root cause” of issues and create solutions to address problems, role model leadership skills to provide effective coordination and direction.
- Develop, direct, and support Manufacturing team by implementing highly effective operational systems, tools, and training programs to enhance internal capability.
- Capacity planning of operational resources (materials/tools/equipment/people) to fulfill department responsibilities, including negotiating cross-departmental dependencies and resource sharing.
- Provide effective operations/maintenance management, ensure that all reports and related activities are within required guidelines and operational parameters.
- Accountable for all aspects of product manufacturing including the development and implementation of short- and long-term tactical production and maintenance plans.
- Provide the infrastructure and organisational supports that will ensure the success of the recently announced Swords Immunoassay Centre of Competence
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory issues related to operations by coordinating methodologies to provide oversight of operations for compliance with regulatory standards, company standards, timelines, budgets, and other obligations.
- As Managing Director of a Siemens Healthineers subsidiary, ensure compliance with all statutory and SHS Shareholder Controlling obligations
- Manage the interfaces between the Manufacturing teams and the rest of the company within the scope of the position. Work closely with R&D, Customer Service, and Laboratory Solutions Business Lines to drive customer satisfaction by improving product stability and cost down.
- Strong collaboration with sister sites to drive global consistency and efficiency
- Provide strong safety leadership to create a culture where safety is a core value and driving for an injury free workplace.
- Foster an environment of employee engagement and a culture that encourages teamwork. Create an organization that is passionate about operational excellence and continuous improvement with a drive to be industry leading in all aspects of plant operations.
- Lead the team, developing and engaging all employees through regular, clear, and consistence performance management and individual development planning. Recruit, mentor, and retain “best-in-class” talent
The ideal candidate for this role will be first and foremost a strong people leader, with a track record of leading meaningful sized plant operations in the medical devices or related automated industries.
They will be a detail and quality-oriented change agent, who has a track record of driving transformation and cultural change in manufacturing operations.
This individual will be a broad operations and manufacturing leader with a track record in “best-in-class” manufacturing with the ability to develop a “center of excellence” and become a champion of the Healthineers Performance System (HPS).
Other Skills & Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering. Masters and/or PhD in a related field is highly desirable, and/or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience acceptable to Siemens Healthineers.
- 10-15 years of progressively responsible experience in a manufacturing / plant environment. Ideally experience in large, global company environment or matrixed organization.
- Background in process engineering / systems engineering with demonstrated experience driving operational excellence initiatives including process improvement and cost reduction and taking operations from “good to great.”
- Direct experience working with operations process engineering, working with R&D, quality, and operations, as well as application of operational excellence best practices.
- Experience in a highly automated plant environment would be ideal.
- Prior experience working for a company whose products and processes are agency regulated (i.e. HPRA, MHRA, FDA, ANSM, or BfArM) would be an asset.
- Minimum of five years Senior Manufacturing Management experience principally focused on operations.
- Ideally, previous experience as Plant / Site Leader with over 250+ staff on-site.
- Experience of serving on the board of a commercial legal entity would be an asset.
- Open minded, strong in change management and experience of driving transformational projects is preferred.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time