The Legal Counsel reports to General Counsel Qatar and interacts with external and internal stakeholders. The position provides specialized legal advice and counseling to Business Partners in the Middle East region within an area of expertise and acts as an ambassador for the internal and external legal community.
Areas of Responsibility –
• Counsels Business Partners with business-oriented legal advice on a variety of complex matters within area of expertise in different jurisdictions within the Middle East area.
• Identifies and analyzes legal risks and opportunities considering local law to generate and drive innovative ideas to mitigate project risks. Suggests and negotiates mitigation solutions addressing identified legal risks.
• Utilizes experience with local laws to adapt and change existing approaches to achieve business goals and project targets.
• Demonstrates high professional judgment to consider legal impact on the Company.
• Manages outside counsel for offensive and defensive legal proceedings and claims by analyzing situation and formulating strategy with key stakeholders.
• Leads the review and negotiating of agreements to provide effective control of key business risks within area of expertise.
• Supports the development and execution of country concepts or carve-outs within countries of responsibility.
• Proactively shares knowledge in a systematic way in legal team to grow know-how base and support a learning organization. Integrates in legal practice group in HQ thereby ensuring information, experience as well as legal knowledge sharing within and outside Legal community.
• Self-motivated to seek out opportunities to support on various legal topics outside existing areas of expertise.
• Project planning, controlling and closure for implementation of country concepts
• Risk and opportunity management
• Bid, contract, claim management
• Commercial law
• Analytical skills
• Collaboration skills
• Communication skills
• Arabic Speaking is preferred
Experience – At least ten years of experience applying the law with solid business acumen.
Education and Training – Law degree Masters or LLB (or equivalent) plus relevant in-house experience.
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time