We at Smart Infrastructure Division in Siemens Ltd. is one of the top tier global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the efficient, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. As the trusted partner for the development and extension of an efficient and reliable power infrastructure that industry and the portfolio they need.
JOIN US! WE MAKE REAL WHAT MATTERS. THIS IS YOUR ROLE.
Who are we?
At Siemens Grid Software, we accelerate and secure a successful Energy Transition
Today the energy world is changing to become carbon neutral. Distributed Energy Resources are growing 7-fold and by the end of this decade decentralized power generation will catch up with conventional generation. Utility companies realize that yesterday’s solutions are not going to provide the answers to tomorrow’s challenges. As they shape the future of their IT/OT systems and they realize that they need agile thinking and an IT focus on their operations to provide energy reliably, efficiently, and cyber secure. This is the opportunity that we are leveraging.
Are you passionate about accelerating the energy transition? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to positively change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
As a market leader in Grid Software and Consulting incl, meter data management, grid control and simulation, Siemens is in a prime position to accelerate and secure the energy transition by supporting grid operators and industry and infrastructure players to master the challenge of distributed energy resources in the smartest way.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens Grid Software here:
At Siemens Grid Software we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who are we seeking?
We're growing fast, and searching for a dynamic, ambitious, and talented Head of Sales to lead and develop our high performing Sales teams in India. A self-motivated thinker and doer who can contribute to a cross-country located organization. This person will be a critical catalyst to accelerate our software selling go-to-market by leveraging and expanding our competitive position.
If you're someone who is passionate about the Energy market and its Decarb transformation and Digitalization, loves to coach as a true team player, is obsessed with continuous improvement and sales account strategy, then this is the role for you...read on!
In this role you will
- Report directly to our Siemens Grid Software Head for India
- Perform as an authentic leader to build, support, and develop a growing team of Sales Managers and Account Executives to meet and exceed their quotas through a software product mindset
- Lead the transition from selling perpetual license to SaaS as we transition our customers and prospects to the cloud
- Own, develop and implement market-, region-, account-specific sales strategies that expand the company’s total market share, generate increased usage and product adoption to achieve aggressive growth objectives in annual license fees
- Work with your existing and growing C-Suite customer relationships to up-, cross-sell different software offerings executing on a unified account engagement model, maximizing OI and ARR metrics
- Clearly communicate the Siemens Grid Software vision, value proposition and key differentiators – and enable your team to do so. We are working with/on an amazing product portfolio – your leadership will help us penetrate the market successfully
- Further develop and implement sales processes, documentation, pipeline forecasting, capture plans and hygiene and hold the sales team accountable to those processes in SalesForce
- Develop and execute a successful Partnering strategy in conjunction with Global Area Sales Directors ensuring alignment of the organization to both, corporate strategy, and key objectives
- Communicate and prioritize product and business needs from the field to appropriate corporate departments (e.g. PLM, Marketing)
- Consistently follow up on existing major accounts to assess customer satisfaction. Provide feedback to OPS teams and facilitate action plans, whenever applicable
- Partner closely with the Sales Enablement and Marketing teams to revamp, develop, and implement onboarding and training for new Sales team members, as well as ongoing product target campaigns and participation in events and conferences
- Cultivate strong internal relations with Siemens Grid Software global functions and Headquarters leadership
We are not looking for superheroes, just super minds.
- A highly experienced selling software leader in B2B SaaS/Cloud, ideally to utility customers
- A true ‘software native’ with an ambitious sales attitude!
- The owner, who takes responsibility for any issue relating to your business
- Highly collaborative, thrive in a fast paced and on your feet in a dynamic and growing environment
- Focused on customer value, with a consistent track record in crafting an outstanding and intuitive, digital buyer’s journey. Obsessed with a customer centric approach! You have a deep understanding of customer success principles, approaches, and considerations
- An adept leader of both direct and matrix reports. You have the ability to work across business units, countries, and portfolios to ensure collaboration
- A leader providing team coaching, advocating, and supporting development of sales skills such as value selling, partner framework, forecasting and prospecting within account management plans
- Strong in communication, persuasion, and presentation skills, empathetic and creative in interpersonal relationships
- A strong network within the Indian electric utility market
- A broad experience as a senior level sales executive with a proven enterprise software sales track record
- Native or fluent in English. Additional languages skills are always welcome
- A technical University Degree or equivalent
- Ability to work remote and is also able to travel - domestic & international
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit phenomenal minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
WE’VE GOT QUITE A LOT TO OFFER, HOW ABOUT YOU?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time