Companies don’t move the world forward; people do. Help us lead the way to a smarter future.
Siemens Corporation seeks a motivated Senior Tax accountant for our Income Tax Compliance team. The position requires a team player that is highly organized, responsive, flexible and can balance multiple projects while producing accurate and timely results in a fast-paced environment.
What are your responsibilities?
- Gather data and prepare proforma federal returns using Corptax.
- Gather data and prepare separate state corporate income tax returns; support team with consolidated/combined state corporate income tax returns, using Corptax, including state extensions and quarterly payment calculations and tax payment processing.
- Preparation of monthly and annual income tax provisions and Provision to Return analysis using Corptax Provision.
- Ensure the accuracy of tax returns, tax provisions, and other required reports including retention of documentation supporting tax positions under examination by tax authorities.
- Prepare international tax returns, such as Form 5471, Form 8858 in Corptax.
- Interacts with the operating company’s personnel, third party advisors and taxing authorities on tax provision and compliance issues.
- Proactively seeks to streamline compliance process, and to create efficiencies through automation.
- Learn the organization’s business and contribute to problem resolution when issues identified.
Required Experience, Knowledge and Education:
- BS/BA in Accounting required. Master’s degree in Tax or Accounting a plus
- CPA preferred
- 3 to 5 plus years of experience in preparing federal and state corporate income tax returns required; Public accounting experience a plus
- Excellent organization and follow-up skills, including handling competing priorities and meeting all commitments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent digital literacy with Microsoft Excel and Adobe Acrobat required
- Experience with Corptax Software preferred SAP, Alteryx, and /or Tableau a plus
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.