Change the future with us.
We are passionate about innovations that mean real progress. We are excited about technologies that still need to be developed. What about you? Do you want to use your curiosity, passion, and creativity to make the lives of millions of people easier and better? Join us as a graduate –either by beginning your career with us or through a co-op placement. Whichever path you take, we’re looking forward to seeing your perspective.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2023 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
Siemens Canada is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Sustainability Intern who will be responsible for researching and analyzing data to create a comprehensive report that outlines trends, challenges, and opportunities in Canada’s Net Zero transformation, including the impact Siemens Canada has on society and the environment. In addition to this, the candidate will assist the Sustainability Manager with other internal sustainability and business development initiatives. Join our team and gain hands-on experience in conducting research and analysis while helping Siemens Canada advance its positive impact on society and the environment.
This is a hybrid summer internship that runs from May 2023 until the end of August 2023. #li-hybrid
What will you do?
- Gain an understanding of Siemens’ business offerings and sustainability goals
- Conduct research and analysis of the sustainability and net zero transformation, including what is required for Canada to reach its decarbonization goals as well as the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
- Attend occasional in-person meetings with the Sustainability Manager, Project Manager, and others in the Oakville, ON office as required
- Write a comprehensive report that includes analysis and key findings and showcases Siemens’ value to society and role in the transition, and develop an outline and structure for this report
- Collaborate with and interview subject matter experts and stakeholders to ensure the accuracy and relevance of the report's content
- Edit and proofread the report for accuracy, clarity, and consistency
- Work with graphic designers to create data visualizations and illustrations to support the report's key messages
- Assist in developing additional marketing and sales collateral
- Support sustainability requests as they arise
What will you need to succeed?
- Enrollment in a 3rd/4th-year undergraduate degree or master’s program in preferably sustainability, or business, engineering, communications
- Knowledge of corporate sustainability, decarbonization, and energy efficiency
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Proven experience in writing comprehensive reports
- Strong research and analytical skills, including the ability to gather, analyze, and synthesize complex information from multiple sources
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, with the ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently, with attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Master's degree in progress
- Written and verbal communication skills in French
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
Siemens Canada is a technology company focused on industry, infrastructure, transport, and healthcare. From more resource-efficient factories, resilient supply chains, and smarter buildings and grids, to cleaner and more comfortable transportation as well as advanced healthcare, the company creates technology with purpose, adding real value for customers since 1912. By combining the real and the digital worlds, Siemens empowers its customers to transform their industries and markets, to transform the everyday for billions of people. Siemens also owns a majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, a globally leading medical technology provider shaping the future of healthcare. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
We make a difference together. In 2022, we made a total community impact of more than $335,000, including charitable contributions, that support 38 non-profit organizations. Siemens employees also planted 700 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,900 employees from coast-to-coast and 25 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle modern day challenges to build a sustainable future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Full-Time temporary
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.