Technology driven, problem solvers
Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2023 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
The Electrical Field Service Technician performs Field Service type work (modification, testing and supervision) at customer sites. Reviews customers’ needs when on site and advises Sales Representative or Engineering Manager of any additional activities required. Ensures the required safety, quality and standards are achieved in accordance with the customers’ requirements and the Company's quality assurance procedures and technical directives.
- Responsible to ensure that all work performed adheres to all Standards, ESA (Employment Standards Act), CSA (Canadian Standard Association) the Company EHS Policy/Program, Procedures, Statutory Regulations, Standards and Customers Requirements.
- Test electrical distribution systems, which would include switchgear, metering, protection, etc.
- Respond to customer service calls (emergency, on-site or remotely), check indicated points of trouble, analyze requirements of system, check and test systems components.
- Responsible to achieve productivity and efficiency levels in line with set targets.
- Perform preventative maintenance and diagnostics on systems and components according to the service level agreement.
- Responsible to monitor and document any execution slippage and work together with the Supervisor Manager for all the financial reports and slippage mitigation actions.
- Lead projects where the main component is related to electrical product and testing.
- Manage revenue generation, control of all costs and coordinate timely invoicing.
- Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work, system extensions, upgrades and service contact expansion.
- Communicate leads (via Supervisor) to Sales Representative to maximize opportunities. Liaise with Sales Team to support the quotation and proposal process as requested.
- Complete and submit written service reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Ensure that all site files are kept up to date for each contract (site “as built” drawings, documentation, service records, etc.).
What will you need to succeed?
- Diploma or Degree in Technical, Engineering or any related field.
- Must have a valid Electrical license (309A) for Ontario.
- Minimum 3 years of experience servicing customers in a broad range of Industry Solution customers.
- Good knowledge of Industry Solution systems and relevant standards.
- Proven diagnostic skills - able to systematically identify and resolve technical problems.
- Field service and maintenance experience highly desirable.
- Self-motivated and calm under pressure.
- Very good knowledge of English both written and spoken.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel within Canada occasionally.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $$385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.