Pioneering in America, from the first mile to the last. This is what drives us.
For more than 160 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in the United States. Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability. We are constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions that increase the availability of infrastructure for the society, optimize route usage and create a new quality of travel.
Good service means we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world.
Would you love to be working from the very beginning of a project to establish a new train set release? Are you highly organized, have a great attention to detail and excellent communication and follow-up skills? If you have assisted in process development and maintenance, continuous improvement activities, and operations support look no further. We are seeking an individual with these skills and experiences for our fast paced, fluid environment, ensuring that project initiatives are met. If you enjoy working on projects with engineering and planning teams, working on material-related issues and leading warehouse activities throughout a project this maybe your new role. Join us to bring new projects online. We operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies list!
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Manage transportation budget and costs for the project.
- Lead material and logistics working groups for all project requirements.
- Work with customer for processing any claims and invoices and issues.
- Collect and analyze data to publish a variety of monthly departmental metrics.
- Participate in the creation of new project requirement documents and monitor their progress.
- Perform transactions in SAP/CORMAP/Salesforce/SharePoint as required.
- Ensure safe working environment for self and others while on customer and Siemens properties.
To thrive in this role, you have:
- Minimum of High School Diploma/GED,
- 3+ years of professional experience in logistics coordination,
- ERP and/or MRP system knowledge and experience,
- Strongly demonstrated experience with MS Office tools such as: Excel, Access, PPT, Word, TEAM’s, Power BI, etc.,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English,
- Excellently demonstrated customer service skills,
- Strong ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload,
- Ability to perform job duties with strong prioritization skills,
- If you like to travel this role will include 30% travel mostly domestic west coast.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without needing current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Seattle Washington; Los Angeles, and Sacramento California is $64,300 - $119,300 and Oakland California is $73,200 - $135,900.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.