Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
In this role, you will manage a team of Business Admin/ Financial Analyst and functionally supervise Service Coordination team on financial topics in CS BU.
- Provide training / guidance to above teams on best practices, processes in a Service Organization as well as guide team on the completion of business-as-usual functions or ad-hoc non-routine requests
- Provide accurate and thorough analysis of key process drivers, root, or systemic causes of cross functional operational issues, interpret findings, and make recommendations for improvement
- Prepare monthly forecasts and annual Budget for senior management to review prior to submittal to HQ and review P&L for variance vs. target and FC
- Lead and support internal / external audit and ensure compliance with Risk and Internal control guidelines
- Develop a Service Level agreement for Business admin tasks and ensure adherence
- Develop and monitor financial/operational metrics to measure the business profitability and efficiency. Communicate to management, recommend solutions for problem areas, find cross functional improvement opportunities
- Participate in commercial discussions and actively involved in the order acquisition phase analyzing customer’s requirements and examining their commercial and contractual feasibility in an offer. Drive the review and evaluation of the contract conditions and ensures alignment with Legal. Ensure customer orders are booked in the system and revenue is recognized in line with IFRS guidelines
- Lead the periodic review of the open orders, expected order completion costs, Work in Progress, Reserves, Progress billing and accruals with quarterly Balance Sheet review
- Define and identify measures and actions to reduce overdue receivables and customer disputes
- Preparation of monthly business reports to facilitate management making timely decisions. Provide timely & qualitative information pertaining to Order Income, Revenue, Gross margin analysis (by portfolio and segment), SG&A, Cost centre spending, Cashflow etc. to maintain transparency in business transactions enabling management to take appropriate & timely/corrective actions
- Review Technician/Engineer Utilisation monthly to ensure monthly targets are met
- Lead quarterly inventory review in coordination with Service Coordination and Field service teams
- Periodic GR/IR review together with Business admin and Service Coordination team
- Periodic Returns to customer, review by collaborating with concerned team
What will you need to succeed?
- S. / B.A. in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or MBA
- 5+ year experience in Finance and / or Operations, and knowledge of service business
- Strong knowledge and experience of MS office & SAP
- Good analytical and communication skill
- Good accounting knowledge
- Well-versed with commercial terms & conditions
- Strong people manager with ability to manage relationships at all levels
- Ability to coach and develop various teams
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.