System Engineer - Fire Safety and Weight Management
Bangalore | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
- Responsible for Design & development of Fire certificate inventory List (FCIL) for rolling stocks.
- Responsible to define the requirements for fire safety pertaining to vehicle level and individual components.
- Facilitate fire performance testing.
- Facilitate execution through coordination across multiple functions including engineering, business controlling, supply management, manufacturing development and other interfaces as required.
- Drive the product development, integrate with other sub systems, and validate the system performance as per the functional requirements adhering to the Quality, Cost & Delivery (QCD) commitments of the Project/Tender.
· Establish and provide standardized reports on product/project execution to line & Project management.
- Able to work in a Matrix Organization.
- Need to travel International & / or domestically based on Project requirement.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You must have bachelor’s degree and / or Master’s in Mechanical, Production or Industrial Engineering with 8-10 years of similar work experience.
- Sound knowledge of PTC CREO 9.0 modules such as sheet metal, piping, cabling, assembly, drafting and / or surfacing
- PDM Windchill or similar Product Lifecycle Management software (PLM)
- Handling of SAP for creation & release of BOM, drawing, technical specification & handling of change management.
- Handing of DOORS tool for requirement management.
- Knowledge of Mechanical & Electrical integration of Sub-systems.
- Design Sheet metal, FRP, Castings & Extrusions parts & components.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with corrosion protection (i.e. Paint, Powder Coat, anodizing, zinc plating)
- Experience with communicating with suppliers and customers, internal and external
- Creating and presenting designs for internal and external design reviews
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time