Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems, buildings, and industries. We help our customers and communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
We are looking for a new colleague to join our global Solution Design team to expand our practice around our newly launched smart building platform “Building X”; our end-to-end IoT platform for buildings which includes open AI enabled applications and creates the potential to redefine how building-data is handled and what can be generated from it.
In this role you will cooperate with our sales teams of our assigned countries to define and execute digital transformation journeys of our customer’s building infrastructures. As our ideal Solution Design Manager, you are comfortable in aligning with different decision makers at customers’ side – from C-level to the more functional counterparts. You are experienced in developing consulting concepts and value-based methodologies and have a solid knowledge of Platform- and Software- as-a-Service domains.
A typical day starts with the request for support on a concrete customer project, coming from our sales colleagues in a country and related to a large customer with multiple locations.
Your new responsibilities
- Analyze the sales opportunity (e.g. historical relationship with the customer, customer business and digitalization strategies, identified solution requirements, etc.)
- Coordinate with colleagues allocated to the customer’s project for the execution of the defined customer engagement framework
- Prepare, together with the sales colleagues, the C-level presentation to align Siemens’ and customer’s vision on the potential business impact of a digital transformation
- Lead the customer’s workshop to gather customer business and digital strategy objectives
- Identify customer’s main challenges relatable to Siemens Smart Infrastructure’s solutions
- Collaborate with our Solution Architect team to define a technical solution architecture and the use cases to be implemented
- Translate the use case in customer benefits and collaborate with our Bid Management team to formalize a technical and commercial proposal for the customer
- Interact with our Digital Service Center and with the Customer Success Management teams for a smooth handover of the project for the execution of the solution
- Collaborate with the global portfolio teams in the headquarters to identify market needs and provide feedback on the Building X team
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science, economics or relevant business experience
- Extensive knowledge of IoT platforms and how to scale impact, preferable within a B2B environment and building technologies industry
- Experience with consultative based methodologies (e.g. Challenger Sales or similar)
- Experience in use cases definition and basic understanding of technical solution architecture
- Knowledge of Platform as a Service and Software as a Service environments
- Knowledge of value proposition and business models ideation and design
- Know-how in financial return on investment calculation would be an advantage
- Flexibility to work in a constantly changing work environment and with a geographically distributed team
- Proactive attitude, team-player and able to build trust with internal and external partners
- Ability to look beyond the customer requirements, challenge the status quo and find new innovative solutions to solve customer’s struggles
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English. German and any additional European language would be beneficial
What do we offer
The Solution Design team is a growing team of enthusiasts about business and technology. We believe in realizing value for our customers, in creating bridges across teams, in transparent communication, and in making an impact with our daily work.
By joining the Solution Design team, you will join a fresh and dynamic working environment, where experimenting and innovating is always welcomed, and where you can put your skills and knowledge in use to create smart and sustainable infrastructure for a better future.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time