Hybrid Cloud Onsite Operations Engineer
The Hybrid Cloud Onsite Operations Engineer will be part of a team who are managing day to day operations of On-premises environment of Siemens Healthineers. An Onsite Operations Engineer is responsible for managing and supporting the IT infrastructure, including hardware, servers, workstations, Clients and software installations. The ideal candidate for this role will have IT infrastructure experience in On-premises Windows system administration. The candidate should have prior extensive experience in managing workstations and Clients for large global product organization. Overall, an on-premises operations engineer plays a critical role in ensuring that the IT infrastructure is secure, reliable, and performs at optimal levels at SHS.
Note: Because the role is part of a global team, the candidate must be able to work in 8AM – 5 PM OR 2PM - 11PM IST shift.
Task and Responsibilities:
An on-premises operations engineer is responsible for maintaining the IT infrastructure of an organization, which includes servers, storage systems, and other hardware and software components that are physically located within the organization's premises. The main responsibilities of an on-premises operations engineer include:
• Installing and configuring hardware and software: The engineer is responsible for setting up and configuring servers and other hardware components. Installation and configuration of operating systems, applications, and other software on servers, workstations and clients.
• Monitoring system heath and performance: The engineer is responsible for performing IT infrastructure health checks, monitoring the performance and identify potential issues before they become critical.
• Maintaining system security: Appling security updates and patches to systems, configure firewalls and implement security policies and procedures.
• Troubleshooting hardware failures and system issues: The engineer is responsible for investigating and troubleshooting hardware failures and system issues, identifying the root cause of the issue and implementing a solution to resolve it.
• Providing technical support: The engineer is responsible to provide technical support to R&D users, helping them to troubleshoot issues with software and hardware components.
• Documentation: The engineer maintains documentation of the IT infrastructure, including hardware and software configurations, and troubleshooting procedures.
• Overall 3+ years’ combined experience in IT and system administration in on-premises environment.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
• Strong problem-solving skills to quickly identify and troubleshoot technical issues and implement effective solutions.
• The engineer must have a strong understanding of various IT systems and technologies, including servers, storage, networks, and virtualization.
• System administration: Experience with Windows administration, including system configuration, installation, and maintenance.
• Networking: Understanding of networking protocols, such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, and SMTP. Ability to troubleshoot basic network issues.
• Active Directory User and group management: Knowledge of creating, modifying, and deleting user accounts and groups in Active Directory. Ability to assign appropriate permissions to users and groups.
• Group Policy management: Experience configuring and managing Group Policy Objects (GPOs) to enforce security policies, and other settings for users and computers in the Active Directory domain.
• Scripting and automation: Proficient in at least one scripting language, such as Python, Bash, or PowerShell.
• Security: Strong understanding of security concepts and best practices, such as authentication, encryption, and access control.
• Monitoring and alerting: Experience with monitoring tools like SolarWinds or Dynatrace. Ability to configure alerts and notifications based on specific metrics.
• Software Installation: Experience installing and configuring applications such as Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, SQL Database, etc.
• Overall, a successful Operations Engineer needs to have a diverse skill set and be willing to learn and adapt to new technologies and tools as they emerge.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Private Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time