Siemens Mobility does more than you know. You may associate us with trains or signalling systems. But, the advanced, AI powered transportation and mobility infrastructure we’re developing are actually a driving force for the future of smart cities – and an entirely digitalised world.
We blended traditional engineering with computer science long ago, and are leading the way in solutions that transform how people move. Green energy and decarbonisation is our goal, as is convenience and connecting with the individual – putting all the information relating to their journey in the palm of their hand.
The role of Senior Project Administrator is responsible for leading and line managing a project administration team as well as providing admin support to the project/overhead teams.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Supervise the project administration team to ensure the project receives the appropriate support.
- Ensure new processes are disseminated to the administration/wider project team.
- Develop the administration team via Growth Talks.
- Be the lead role on Project Wise (PW) administration. Providing user training and the rollout of PW to all users in the office. Ensure all functional business areas follow PW guidelines/workflows during the project lifecycle.
- Oversee the filing structure of project materials, ensuring the team are compliant with the Business Management System (BMS) policy.
- Oversee the exchange and issuing of project deliverable materials to the satisfaction of design teams, engineers and the client. Ensure all administration (documents and deliverables etc.) are tracked efficiently, kept safe/secure and archived in accordance with BMS.
- Act as a focal point/first point of contact when dealing with client project document controllers and when dealing with other complex administrative matters.
- Manage the project folders (paper and/or electronic) and monitor relevant project activities of the team through to completion.
- Support routine administrative processes and when required offer guidance/help to the other functional business areas with time management/administrative tasks.
- Ensure costs are kept within project/overhead budgets.
- Maintain day-to-day operational processes for the section/team including holiday and whereabouts lists.
- Assist with project deliverables required by client and sub-contractors, ensuring materials are dispatched (with DTF if applicable), correctly indexed in network project folders etc. Integrity of file structure to be maintained.
- Regularly check the standards & compliance of administration team and advise on or undertake corrective action.
- Always maintain Health and Safety standard (4 Steps) across administration team activities.
- Attend project meetings to take minutes and ensure timely distribution to relevant persons.
- Provide full administrative support to Project Manager.
- Log/record all project correspondence and documentation. Maintain project trackers/transmittals.
- Oversea the compilation of up to date & accurate Project Contacts lists.
- Maintain Project Files in the company standardised structure.
- Use mandatory external client-based systems in relation to issue/booking of documents e.g. Assetwise (eB), CEMAR & Project Wise.
- Progress and chase documents/transmittals to keep file integrity.
- Coordinate with Project Engineers to ensure the Health & Safety files are up to date when required by contract.
- Book hotel accommodation for projects and keep detailed records of bookings and invoice/receipt.
- Book meeting rooms/refreshments for Project Meetings.
- Ensure and process all documents for newly set up projects, e.g., delegated authorities, etc.
- Supervise team colleagues and work patterns to provide a seamless service across all projects in portfolio.
- Support the T&C Coordinator to ensure project commissionings have adequate admin support.
Other Duties & Initiatives
- Assist the Office Manager (OM) with admin tasks and deputise/provide cover to Delivery Director when OM absent (sickness/leave).
- Review procedures for the handling of project deliverables and documents. Provide ongoing feedback to line manager, principal design staff and Office Manager on best practice and efficient use of administration team time.
- Collate the monthly Fuel card charges for York and assist Fleet with sending out new Dialcards and insurance details.
- Work with IT to approve access to new and current folders.
- Provide full administrative support to Test, Construction, Design etc on overheads to include raising and checking OH PO’s for calibration, storage rental (Pickfords), college courses, design licences.
- Working with Finance to help reconcile payments when invoices come in without PO’s.
- Working with IT to ensure adequate space on drives and assisting with new product testing.
- Input and certify Replicon (Siemens’s Timesheet System) of own team and as requested by Finance.
- Liaising with IT with regards to the archiving of projects and granting access to the archive file.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Excellent organisational, leadership and people skills.
- Devise and provide ProjectWise (PW) technical & competence based user training.
- Advanced computer application skills, proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and client/server-based databases.
- Able to work under pressure with minimal support.
- Accurate and attentive to detail; ability to problem-solve issues that arise.
- Business Administration Degree/NVQ3 minimum/ 3+ years’ experience of working in a similar environment.
- Able to meet deadlines & provide early warning feedback to Project Managers.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time