Job Description: Software Engineer
Together we make the difference
Siemens Mobility is an independent managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
The Information Technology (IT) department has the global responsibility for the internal IT of Siemens Mobility. Its goal is to provide a robust and efficient IT landscape derived from business and market demands.
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age.
Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in a cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open up new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever new projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
Here's where you make the difference
As part of our Development Team, you have the technical responsibility for design, development and optimization of software core components for a web-based project management solution in the business area of Siemens Mobility.
In your new role, you will design, develop and optimize core components of project management solution at Siemens Mobility.
- Develops software components by studying information needs; conferring with Solution Architects; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Documents and demonstrates progress by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis, advising changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and software issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Supports and develops the teamwork spirit by providing advices, coaching and educational opportunities.
What do I bring with me?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience : 2 to 4 yrs
- Several years of experience in Cloud Technologies. AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google cloud.
- Languages - At least one out of Java or Python.
- Experience on container orchestration by managed Kubernetes
- Experience on relational database SQL
- Exhibiting excellent communication and analytical skills
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- Competitive compensation
- An opportunity to craft the future of autonomous systems
- Extraordinary researchers and engineers as team members
- We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time