DOD SkillBridge Internship – Technical Project Management – Milwaukee Branch
This opportunity is unique to active-duty US Military Service members with formal approval to participate as a DoD SkillBridge Intern in collaboration with Vets2PM's authorized SkillBridge program as an Associate Project Manager or Project Manager.
Desired Military Experience, Backgrounds and/or Aptitude:
- Civil Engineering (HVAC & Electrician)
- Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic/Computer Systems
- Automation/Integration Technicians & Specialists
- Nuclear Engineering/Power/Energy
- Satellite/Radar Systems
- Comm Techs
- Fire Control Navaids
- Submarine Electronics/Computer Techs
- Avionics Systems & more!
About our Smart Buildings:
Because we spend 90% of our lives in buildings, they should be perfect places for all we do. Smart buildings enhance the experience. Interacting with people, systems, and ambient elements, they learn from experience and real-time input. Using intelligent control, security, and energy management systems, we help factories and offices better support the industries they house. We help schools, hospitals, data centers, and military bases have a great impact – all while increasing comfort, efficiency, resilience, and safety. Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives.
>>Lean more about Siemens Smart Buildings
Our Three Main Business Groups that you could be assigned to:
- Building Automation: HVAC Controls, Lighting Controls, and Mechanical/Electrical Services
- Fire/Life Safety: Fire Alarm, Mass/Emergency Communication, and Sprinkler/Suppression
- Security: Integrated Surveillance and Access Controls
Lead the charge as a member of our Smart Infrastructure Project Management Team:
As a SkillBridge Intern in our Project Management career track, you will coordinate and deliver multiple, simultaneous Building Automation, Fire/Life Safety, or Integrated Security projects of various complexities in commercial buildings. You will also strategically manage fiscal responsibility for all project facets, including project billing, job cost reporting, and overall customer satisfaction. Our Project Management SkillBridge Interns will be trained to provide expertise and knowledge throughout the New Construction (Solutions) or Existing Construction (Service) project lifecycle at customer sites.
- Review and understand project contract, specifications, drawings, and project-specific documents to establish project intent.
- Develop and maintain a project schedule and coordinate needs with the project team. Identify time-sensitive installation needs.
- Manage the requisition of supplies and materials to complete projects.
- Review plans and specifications and participate in project cost reviews.
- Assist Operations Manager in the solicitation and contracting of subcontractors.
- Conduct an orientation for project technicians and provide all necessary project documentation, including scope of work, drawings, applicable specifications, application-engineered drawings, project contacts, etc.
- Track resources and project progress.
- Document project events that impact the schedule, scope of work, and project efficiency.
- Pursue project-specific change-order opportunities.
- Coordinate and pursue project-specific billing, coordinate with Accounting team and Operations Manager.
- Schedule project-specific commissioning resources and provide commissioning documentation.
- Expedite the return of project-specific mark-ups for as-built development.
- Complete project-specific close-out documentation.
· U.S. Military experience as an E4 or above (Navy, Air Force, Army, Marines, Coast Guard, Space Force, National Guard, Reserves)
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of Building Automation Controls, Fire/Life Safety or Security systems, business operations, and job financial reports preferred
- For positions related to Fire/Life Safety: knowledge of NFPA codes and ability to obtain certification in NICET II is preferred but not required
- PMP Certification preferred but not required
- Ability to read/interpret electrical circuit diagrams is a plus
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project experience preferred
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license with limited violations
This position may support Siemens’ customers who require all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Midwest Branch Locations:
- Chicago, IL (Mount Prospect)/Milwaukee, WI
- Indianapolis, IN
- Saint Louis, MO/Bloomington, IL
- Detroit, MI (Plymouth)/Grand Rapids, MI (Wyoming)
- Kansas City, KS (Lenexa)
- Minneapolis, MN (Shoreview)
- Omaha, NE/Des Moines, IA (Johnston)/Cedar Rapids, IA
Why work for Siemens as a SkillBridge Intern?
You will gain hands-on experience during your internship and will have the opportunity to join (upon successful completion of the internship) one of the world's largest and best-known companies as acknowledged in 2022 by:
Fortune: World's Most Admired Companies
Forbes: America's Best Large Employers, America's Best Employers for Diversity, and Best Employers for New Graduates
Fast Company: Most Innovative Companies and World Changing Ideas Awards
Corporate Equality Index: Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality
We offer our full-time employees (post-SkillBridge) an excellent benefits/compensation package, growth/learning/development opportunities, and a diverse/inclusive culture where everyone plays their part and makes an impact for our team and our customers.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.