Create a better tomorrow with us.
Siemens Mobility is looking for an SCADA Project Engineer, to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in Milan.
He /She will be responsible for the implementation and development of system solutions in support of the management of electricity infrastructure, whose aim is to feed the electric traction lines in the railway sector.
Mobility goes digital.
The Mobility Division is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers value-added that is unique, and not only in our industry. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
You love to create an impact? From Day 1 you are empowered to make a difference for a better tomorrow with your full potential and creativity.Your Challenge
- Build station control systems (SCADA) for high and medium voltage switchgears according to the newest technology standard IEC 61850
- Integrate the systems including the parametrization of the Ethernet-based
- Implement the project specific functions as well as software applications by ensuring the correct implementation of the systems in the respective project requirements and in the application of the appropriate quality and technological standards, ensuring the coordination of the necessary resources
- Ensure updating, collection and archiving of project technical documentation, manual test reports assisting the Document Manager in the timely submission and archiving
- Ensure the coordination of commissioning activities by ensuring the timely analysis and evaluation of any critical situations and supporting the PM at any meetings with the Customer
- Being a technical support and mediator with suppliers for the implementation of electrical station control systems (SCADA), PLC implementation and configuration and network architectures, in accordance with the latest technological standards
- Prepare operation manuals that are based on our customer’s requirements
- Electrical Diploma or Degree in Electrical/Electronic or Automation Engineering
- Proven experience as a Project Engineer
- Consolidated and proven experience in automation and good knowledge in software development and PLC and HMI programming according to IEC 61131-3 standards in Siemens environments (preferred)
- Commissioning experience appreciated
- Experience in 3kVDC protection relay selectivity/parameterization work appreciated
- Knowledge of communication networks, router and switch configuration for communication networks
- Proven experience with communication protocols (IEC 870-5-103, IEC 61850, IEC 870-5-104, Modbus)
- Familiarity with Siemens products for the protection and automation of electrical substations of the SITRAS PRO/ and MDC families, SIPROTEC, SICAM AK/A8000 3 and related configuration tools SITRAS PRO SW, DIGSI 4 and 5, SICAM TOOLBOX and the SCADA systems SICAM PAS and Simatic WinCC/SCC. Not required but highly appreciated
- Availability for travel in order to conduct commissioning, testing and troubleshooting activities in the area of electrical substation control and protection systems
- Good knowledge of English and Italian, both written and spoken.
- Flexibility: trustful environment with an inclusive and flexible way of working driven by results,; hybrid and remote working enabled by innovative tools and devices, personal computer and smartphone; wi-fi connection reimbursement.
- Welfare: flexible welfare programs and health insurance extendable to your family; professional and extraprofessional accident insurance; free on-site lunch options.
- Never stop growing: plenty opportunities for continuous and individual learning journeys
- An inclusive team culture where you can be yourself
Join us and be yourself. Inclusion is our ambition!
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer, offering a safe and inclusive work environment, based on mutual respect and the appreciation of uniqueness, guaranteeing equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates to unleash their full potential.
Address to us your desired working conditions/ environment. Typically, this kind of position is full-time, however please feel free to ask for a more flexible arrangement if that suits better to you.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility S.r.l.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time