Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Planning and Procurement Director, the incumbent will use positive leadership to ensure the procurement of components and services required for our products’ manufacturing, in accordance with all company policies and procedures. The Buyer will play an active role in supporting and solving problems within their work team and in collaboration with colleagues.
- Issue supplier purchase orders using requisitions generated by the MRP system or the planning department;
- Follow up and comply with all supplier delivery date confirmations;
- Follow up on missing parts in collaboration with the planning and production departments;
- Validate and optimize purchase prices and prepare tender requests;
- Help process and resolve accounts payable exceptions;
- Manage and analyze component inventories in collaboration with the planning department;
- Identify issues involving hardware and inventory management parameters in the SAP ECC software package and propose changes as required;
- Help prepare purchasing forecasts for our strategic suppliers;
- Prepare, maintain and communicate various performance indicators;
- Promote the continuous improvement of procedures and processes within the department and the company.
**The role required to be able to work from our office in Drummondville**
What will you need to succeed?
- College diploma in procurement, logistics or management, or any manufacturing-related field;
- Three years’ experience in a similar position;
- Different but equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered;
- Experience with the SAP ECC software package an asset;
- Able to demonstrate rigour, resourcefulness, initiative and determination;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Able to work in a team while demonstrating a collaborative mindset and strong priority management skills;
- Very good knowledge of the Office 365 Suite, particularly Excel;
- Excellent knowledge of French (spoken and written);
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- The successful candidate for this position must be bilingual. Fluency in French and English (verbal and written) is required to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position for the following reasons:
The role requires interacting with English-speaking customers and suppliers across Canada and/or internationally;
The role requires regular interactions with Siemens colleagues based outside of Quebec, nationally and internationally;
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $$385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.