At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Roebuck factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
We are looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow by joining our manufacturing team!
· Operates tools and equipment common to the material handling trade (e.g. manual and powered sit-down and stand-up industrial trucks).
· Complete crating for custom parts shipment.
· Pulls packaged and palletized parts from Busway product line for shipment.
· Utilizes measuring instrumentation to ensure proper sizing of materials for custom packing
· Utilizes mechanical saw to cut boxes and crates according to specified dimensions.
· Prepare domestic and international shipping documentation.
· Ensures documentation is included on packaging.
· Operate tools and equipment common to the material handling trade (e.g. cranes, staples/nail guns, strapping machines, and sit down powered industrial trucks).
· Operates shrink wrapping machine to secure package material.
· Load packaged product onto trailers.
· Cleans and maintains equipment, work area and back yard shipping area to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
· Performs other work as directed by Supervision.
Working Conditions: Job involves typically working indoors, being assigned to any of the different shifts, occasionally lifting heavy materials, wearing common safety equipment (e.g. cut resistant gloves and sleeves, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs, etc.) being exposed to loud noises and the possibility of bumps, cuts, scrapes, and strains.
Capabilities: The following are behaviors essential to being successful in this job.
Safety Advocacy: Ability to promote and ensure a safe work environment; identifies, communicates, and eliminates hazards encountered during regular course of work.
Quality Orientation: Focused on meeting or exceeding the level of excellence of products, services, and work activities–measured against pre-set standards; able to identify flaws and take corrective action.
Cooperation: Willingly assists others by offering guidance, sharing knowledge, teaching skills, or directly performing a task in order to help out. Puts team objectives ahead of personal interests.
Adaptability: Willingly accepts organizational changes and responds to changes with appropriate urgency and actions. Reacts to anger, frustration, and disappointment constructively (i.e. finding humor in situations; finding solutions to problems, using relaxation techniques; etc.).
Analytical Thinking: The ability to tackle a problem or task using a logical and systematic approach.
Spatial Reasoning: Ability to think in three dimension; being able to mentally generate, rotate, and transform visual images.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills.
· Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language
· Must be able to reach, grasp, lift 50 lbs , and push/pull/slide heavy material
· Must be able to make coordinated movements of the hands and arms to grasp and move objects
· Must be able to stoop, bend, squat, crawl, and climb
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.