Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem-solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Service Specialists conduct preventive maintenance, repair, installation, commissioning, and general servicing of HVAC control systems (including detailed troubleshooting). As a Service Specialist, you will be responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, onsite customer interaction, as well as, being responsible for completing required project and service documentation.
This position may support the Financial Vertical Market, which may include additional background and credit checks, drug screens, and proof of vaccinations.
- Independently diagnose and repair complex electronic control system malfunctions
- Provide sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings
- Communicate with customers upon arrival and before leaving the work site
- Meet regularly with customers to become familiar with operating problems
- Keep customers informed of the nature of service provided, outstanding issues, and recommended system enhancements, upgrades, and/or repairs
- Promote the sale of add-on work
- Manage assigned work to meet professional execution, time, and customer satisfaction standards
- Report problems or changes to management immediately
- Provides training to customers on electronic control systems operations. Acts as a mentor to lower-level specialists
- Deliver manuals and documentation to customers for training. Support the mechanical staff on complex, critical equipment
- Compile job documentation, such as certificates of completion, customer training forms, training certificates, and punch list
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
- Experience installing and servicing HVAC/Building Automation Controls, electronic controls or HVAC (or other commercial mechanical) equipment; 2+ years preferred. Candidates with extensive experience in programming (computer or PLC's) may also be considered.
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems, and ability to test and write modifications to systems software in multiple languages
- Skilled in programming, start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting complex projects
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of low-voltage building sub-systems using various industry protocols, such as BACnet, N2, Modbus, etc. preferred
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment; working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future company sponsorship
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
For Our Military/Veteran Applicants:
First and most importantly, thank you for your service. For the Service Specialist role, Veterans (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy or Space Force) with these military careers are typically good fits:
Avionic ET, CE Careers (HVAC & Electrical), Communication Techs, Electricians, ET/EM/MM NUC (Navy Nuke), Fire Control, Navaids, ATC Radar ET Techs, SATCOM, Submarine Electronics/Computer Field, and other Electronic/Electrical/Mechanical Career Fields
We highly encourage you to apply to any position you have interest in, not just the Service Specialist.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k), up to 6%
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Hvac controls, building controls, building automation, programming, field technician, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, direct digital control, apogee, desigo, modbus, tridium, alerton, controls, commissioning, lonworks, bacnet, ddc, bau, bms, building management, mechanical systems, system integration
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.