We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
Siemens Canada Limited is seeking a business-minded and results-oriented commercial lawyer to join its Legal and Compliance Department. This diverse opportunity will provide an excellent overview of what Siemens does and you will serve as a direct point of contact for business colleagues on commercial legal matters, supporting from the proposal phase through project execution. Requests for your support include general commercial legal advice, such as reviewing/drafting/negotiating contracts, preparing legal risk analyses for internal approval processes and claims management. You can rely on a network of experienced Legal colleagues and operations infrastructure in Canada and globally supporting you with your tasks. You will also have the opportunity to participate in and contribute to various global Legal practice groups and initiatives within a sophisticated Legal organization that numbers over 1000 Legal and Compliance professionals around the world.
This position requires 3 to 5 years of combined commercial contracting and claims experience. Excellent organizational, communication, and coordination skills are key to this role, as well as the flexibility to adjust and thrive in a dynamic environment with changing requirements, schedules, and priorities.
This position will be based in Oakville, Ontario and will report to the Senior Counsel and Commercial Practice Head for Canada. This position includes the ability to work remotely 2-3 days per week.
What will you do?
- Provide quality and timely legal advice to internal business partners and stakeholders, including negotiating, drafting and interpreting contracts.
- Serve as a key stakeholder during the bid and negotiation phase through analyzing commercial risks, collaborating with management and internal teams to determine the evaluation of those risks and mitigation strategies.
- Serve a key resource to the project management team during the project execution phase when it comes to contract terms, identifying and mitigating risks, and pre-litigation and litigation claims management.
- Support various internal approval processes related to commercial bids and contracts and ensure adherence to internal standards.
- Regularly communicate with business partners across departments and regions, Legal colleagues, as well as external and opposing counsel about contractual and claims issues.
- Perform any other tasks deemed necessary to support the legal affairs of Siemens.
- Support our Legal and Compliance Department on various matters and legal operations topics, including organizing and maintaining knowledge management resources and assisting with the development and execution of training programs concerning legal matters and developments relevant to various stakeholders’ business areas.
- Opportunity to develop skills in other areas, such as regulatory matters, employment law and litigation.
What will you need to succeed?
- LL.B. or J.D. degree or equivalent from an accredited law school
- Member of a provincial Bar in Canada
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of combined in-house and/or private practice experience in commercial legal contracting and claims or demonstrated equivalency of experience.
- Team player with an enthusiastic, “self-starter” mentality willing to accept new challenges and assignments based on needs of the business and exercise a high degree of autonomy.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated desire and ability to quickly learn and understand new contractual and legal topics.
- Polished and effective negotiation, communication, and writing/drafting skills.
- Skilled in working collaboratively on multiple teams simultaneously.
- Ability to provide bilingual (English/French) support is a plus, but not required.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.