Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Industry Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting students for our Summer 2023 Strategic Student Program. Our intern positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
- Currently enrolled as an undergrad or graduate university student
- Preferred graduation year: 2024 (or 2025 for Master’s)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Able to work onsite in Waltham, MA without relocation assistance
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program.
Software Development Engineer
Siemens EDA is looking for a software development engineer to work as an Intern in the Mentor Emulation Division (MED). MED develops and manufactures emulators for functional verification of System-on-Chip circuit designs. In emulation systems, custom software compiles a circuit design's high-level description into a low level binary representation that can be loaded and run on the emulation hardware. The individual that fills this position will become a member of emulator compiler specialists developing the compiler software for Siemens next generation emulators.
The Software Development Engineer will have responsibilities in development and improvement of the part of the compiler that analyzes the customer design in order to map it on the emulator resources. This includes analysis of clock and data networks, partitioning, placing and synthesis of logic to support the mapping of the customer design onto the emulator. The individual will participate in design and implementation of new functionality for this part of the compiler. The work will be mostly in C++ on Linux. They will write system level tests that use software simulation as well as develop new testing methods. This position may include interaction with other software teams as well as MED hardware teams in an international, multi-site, development environment.
- Preferred MS, PHD, or BS junior/senior level undergraduate students in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Software development experience with C++ applications.
- Experience with algorithm and data structure design.
- Excel both in a team-oriented development and working independently.
- Experience in EDA software development, especially in timing analysis, synthesis, design partition or placement is a plus.
- Software engineering skills with experience in use of Unix/Linux
- Experience with software testing methods.
- Basic Understanding of gate level digital logic design.
- Experience in use of Hardware description language (Verilog/VHDL).
- Experience in use of a software simulation tools (Modelsim, etc).
- Knowledge of scripting languages (PERL or Python) would be useful.
The hourly range for this position is $22.00 - $50.00 per hour. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave and paid volunteer time off.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.