Pioneering in America, from the first mile to the last. This is what drives us.
For more than 160 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in the United States. Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability. We are constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions that increase the availability of infrastructure for the society, optimize route usage and create a new quality of travel.
Good service means we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world.
To ensure the customer and organizational success, Siemens is interested in adding a highly motivated individual who will continue to enhance our scheduling within the organization. Guiding the organization in what it takes to improve this department rather than working expecting predefined goals and tasks. Leading the operations and project management teams responsible for managing complex service center manufacturing schedules (with Engineering and Procurement elements) for advanced rail service / maintenance projects by developing, tracking, and maintaining complex master schedules for multiple projects. Also, work in many planning aspects related to, capacity planning, extension of time change orders, process improvements, lean manufacturing, engineering, and supply chain management. We provide services to a nationwide customer service footprint in the US. In those locations Siemens Mobility Customer Services will perform complete maintenance work, vehicle refurbishments, vehicle accident repairs, modernizations, overhauls, and system repairs. We operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies list!
What your day-to-day will look like:
• Manage development, tracking, and reporting of complex service center schedules using Primavera P6, based on inputs from functional department managers.
• Understand issues related to plant performance, forecasts, issues and trends at a micro and macro level.
• Involved in the development of plant wide master schedules (key team member).
• Simplify problems to determine impacts on financials, resources and timeline.
• Pro-actively drive service center managers and project manager as well as the broader team for mitigations and recoveries.
• Assist project manager with the analysis, research, and documentation for claim preparation, time impact delays, and extension submittal requirements for active projects.
• Develop bid schedules for submission with bids by analyzing bid specifications for required activity and schedule risk.
• Development of reports and visualization Dashboards by using latest digitalization tools (e.g. Tableau or PowerBI) for cross-functional departments and projects to monitor schedule performance at various levels with respect to baselines and factory manpower loading.
• Coordinate and regulate various meetings such as: project progress reviews with various levels of management.
To thrive in this role, you have:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field (i.e., Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar),
• 2+ years of experience in Project Planning/Controls, Scheduling, Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Industrial, Mechanical or Civil Engineering,
• Demonstrated strong Excel and Primavera software skills,
• Knowledge/Understanding of ERP/MRP,
• Excellently demonstrated communication skills,
• Like to travel, there is an expected 25% or less for this role.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
• Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
• We believe that each member of our team is accountable for making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions that contribute to long-term impact and financial success.
• We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and meaningful solutions with impact on customers, ecosystem partners, society, and environment.
• We are frontrunners in digitalization and building platforms. Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to have a real impact.
• Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning. We operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies list!
• Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without needing current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Sacramento, California is $87,900 - $163,200.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.