Please note: This position is located in Peachtree Corners GA but could possibly be located in Wendell NC. Relocation assistance is available if needed.
Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative Electric Vehicle (EV) charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption.
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment? Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Here at Siemen eMobility solutions, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can build and implement new products, technologies, and applications!
Siemens eMobility solutions include AC and DC chargers deployed in all 50 states that range from in-home chargers to depots to charging infrastructure systems that power electrified bus lines in some of the largest cities in the country.
The Head of DC Engineering is responsible for eMobility’s strategy, R&D, execution, and delivery of DC products and services! In addition to leading a team of experts, this person will coordinate project strategy, manage critical business topics such as goals, research and development, budgets, and timelines. The team will rely on you to track the curve of innovation and support adoption of sharp, modern methods, processes, and tools.
- Hire, lead, and manage an interdisciplinary team of SYS, HW, SW development engineers
- Supervise and coach the engineering and quality assurance team
- Management and successful execution of multiple localization projects
- Ensure that estimates of people needs, costs, and budgets are prepared, established, and monitored; review and evaluate progress of subordinate activities
- Define projects and act as technical leader, assisting others in the solution of complex problems involving diverse areas of various technical disciplines
- Maintain and initiate improvement of HW, SW development tools and methods related to design, test, and product maintenance
- Serve as consultant to upper management in establishing long-range goals and preparing proposals for new business
- Assure effective connection with other development locations and departments to obtain all cooperation and support required for the success of assigned programs
- Contribute to customer relations and acquisition activities
- Build good relationships with everyone on the team and with clients; being a good judge of character is one of the prime responsibilities
- Maintain friendly relationships between colleagues and help detect toxic personalities that could undermine the team’s enthusiasm for the work
- Embody a growth mindset to continue developing yourself and your team
- Celebrate team wins and draw from opportunities to learn and continue to improve
- Foster and culture of growth, empowerment, development, care, support, and inspire others to be their best self
- Lead by example and mentor others
- Establish well-informed priority guidance for where to focus engineering work
- Set stakeholder expectations and provide ongoing visibility of product initiative status
- Collect and report reliability and performance metrics; direct initiatives to improve bottlenecks
- Manage all R&D project engineering schedules, budget and resource allocation
- Interact and effectively collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure successful delivery of each product release
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in related field of study
- Minimum 10 years of experience in relevant technical fields I.E.: electric vehicle, DC charging products, telecommunications, or solar services, hardware development, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in leading high performing engineering teams; experience managing other people managers
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive team culture and environment, creating a climate for success and innovation
- Strong relationship builder and highly skilled in relationship management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills in English required. Capable of presenting complex technical topics in a clear and structured way, ability to moderate discussions, meetings, and projects with diverse global teams.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic, interdisciplinary team of experts with a strong customer service orientation required.
- Relevant experience managing programs, products, and projects in an R&D environment
- Expertise in Waterfall and Agile project management methods
- Strong and effective communicator
- Troubleshooting and solutions minded
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We strive to transform the everyday for our customers, employees, and society by:
- Trusting and empowering our leaders to act as owners, directing their teams, and innovating to succeed.
- Communicating openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes.
- Recognizing individual and team achievement frequently and effectively.
- Our focus on investment in our team members, offering a wide array of internal and external development opportunities.
- Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
In addition to the growth and development opportunities we continue to foster, we offer included benefits of flexible PTO, a matching 401K plan, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, potential for hybrid remote work, and so much more.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.