Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking Material Handler for our Distribution System (DS) Business Unit, focused on the Distribution Systems Product portfolio. Headquartered in Wendell, NC, the DS Business Unit has a diverse portfolio of products including but not limited to electric-vehicle chargers, low voltage MCC, CMR fuse saver, MV switchgear, MV circuit breakers, and metering, power monitoring, power quality, and protective relay maintenance and systems of a standard nature.
As a Material Handler you will perform the necessary movement of materials: receiving, storage, picking, delivery, and inventory of all items including transport of materials to production areas. You may be required to document and record receipt and delivery of all materials and products using SAP. This position also performs the required equipment inspections to ensure safe operation.
- Safely operates a stand-up reach truck, stand-up order picker, and sit-down forklift in high traffic areas and narrow aisles
- Inspects moving equipment daily
- Unloads and receives production materials physically and records in the SAP system
- Counts and verifies counts for incoming material within the storeroom
- Pick materials for inside and outside customers using RF Scanners with count accuracy
- Performs cycle counts daily of materials in the storeroom
- Packs and ships materials efficiently and damage free for shipment to our customers
- Loads materials for outgoing shipments and makes sure that proper documentation is being provided to drivers
- Efficient with small hand tools, battery, electrical, & air power tools
- Adhere to developed processes, methods and/or seek ways to improve
- Must adhere to all safety rules and keep safety first for self and others
- Perform miscellaneous other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Management
Requirements: knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift parts or sub-assemblies that weigh up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must be a strong team player
- Must have the ability to work independently with little guidance
- Must be able to perform job duties safely with a sense of urgency
- Must have great attention to detail while working to a deadline
- Must have a positive attitude, work well with others, and implement constructive criticism
- Conform with Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety policy and Management System and strive to continual improve the intended outcomes of the Management System.
Preferred: knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- 1 + years’ experience in material management (warehousing)
- 1+ years’ experience driving a forklift
- Associates Degree or technical training in area of responsibility
About Smart Infrastructure – Distribution Systems:
The Distribution Systems (DS) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio and applications to create the power distribution grid of the future. Our comprehensive portfolio meets the growing technical requirements of todays and tomorrow’s power grid!
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for professional growth & development and our company's success. We strive to transform the everyday for our customers, employees, and society by:
- Trusting and empowering our leaders to act as owners, directing their teams, and innovating to succeed.
- Communicating openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes.
- Recognizing individual and team achievements frequently
- Our focus on investment in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.