Siemens Software, a business unit of Siemens Digital Industries, is a leading global provider of software solutions to drive the digital transformation of industry, creating new opportunities for manufacturers to realize innovation.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens at www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds.
Are you passionate about building and running a world-class software product operations and support organization?
The software operations and support team manager is responsible for building and running a world-class software operations and support team as part of the Siemens Digital Industries Software marketing technology delivery teams. The team manager will work directly with their team of operations and support engineers to ensure that our full suite of marketing products, both internally developed and contracted commercial products, are available and configured correctly so that our internal users are getting high-quality support. The ideal candidate will have led a software operations and support team in a matrixed product delivery organization either as a direct manager or a team leader.
The software operations and support team manager is responsible for:
• Leading and managing the team responsible for the day-to-day operations and support of the software product, including
setting objectives, providing guidance and coaching, and overseeing the team's activities
• Ensuring that the software product is available and reliable for end-users, including monitoring the software's performance,
identifying and resolving issues, and implementing measures to prevent future problems
• Managing incidents and service requests related to the software product, including coordinating the resolution of incidents,
communicating with stakeholders, and documenting the incident resolution process
• Coordinating with the product delivery team on software releases, including planning, testing, and deploying new versions of
the software product
• Ensuring that contracted commercial products and services are meeting business needs by working collaboratively with
vendor contacts and account representatives to identify configuration needs, enhancement opportunities, and resolving open
• Forecasting the budget for all managed 3rd party products and communicating changes to management
• Communicating product and platform quality to the business. Including key performance indicators, open issues and risks, and
changes in stakeholder requirements and needs
• Managing the infrastructure and resources required to support the software product in production
• Ensuring that the software product complies with relevant regulations and standards, such as data privacy regulations and
• Collaborating with development teams to ensure that the software product is designed and built to be easily operable and
• Providing customer support to end-users of the software product, including answering questions, providing guidance, and
resolving issues that arise
Skills and Abilities
A software operations and support team manager should have:
• Technical knowledge: a deep understanding of the technical aspects of the software product and the infrastructure required to
support it; includes knowledge of cloud platforms, networks, databases, and other marketing related technologies
• Problem-solving skills: strong problem-solving skills to quickly identify and resolve issues that arise during the operation and
support of the software product
• Leadership skills: strong leadership skills to effectively manage the team, set objectives, and provide guidance and coaching
• Communication skills: strong communication skills to effectively communicate with team members, stakeholders, and
customers; includes the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
• Customer service skills: strong customer service skills to provide exceptional support to end-users of the software product
• Project management skills: strong project management skills to plan and manage software releases and other related projects
• Analytical skills: strong analytical skills to analyze data and identify trends related to the performance and reliability of the
• Collaboration skills: strong collaboration skills to work effectively with development teams, stakeholders, and other teams
within the organization
• Continuous learning: commitment to continuous learning to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies, methodologies, and
trends in software operations and support
• Adaptability: an ability to adapt to changing project requirements, priorities, and timelines
• Bachelor’s degree
• Strong technical background
• Solid experience working with marketers
• Exemplary written and verbal communications
• 2+ years’ work experience as a software operations and support team manager
• Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years’ work experience as a software operations and support team manager for a marketing technology company
The salary range
for this position is $116,900 to $210,400 and this role is eligible to earn
incentive compensation. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness
benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is
eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick
leave, paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued
flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
At Siemens we are always challenging
ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and
diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about
the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.