Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented As System Manager / Technical Architect, you will be responsible for following:
The objective of the system manager in project (SMiP) is to define the system requirements and establish a system concept which is optimum for complete Projects covering different Subsystem also namely Interlocking, Train Control, Train Supervision and Traffic Management. Consistent system management is to be ensured throughout the entire project execution phase to minimize the technical risks of complex projects. System Manager role involves an integrative technical management task regarding all involved departments / regions. The SMiP is a project core team role.
You will take the overall technical responsibility for the mass roll-outs for project based on ETCS L2 technology at its heart, as part of large-scale customer projects within time, budget and quality framework: Carrying the responsibility for the Project architecture, application scope, both technical and commercial.
Planning and Controlling:
For overall projects derivation of the comprehensive project objectives from the Contract, Customer, Project Management and provided documents. Preparation of the project planning and delivery of project documents.
Coordination of the complex application implementation with international partners. Ensuring that the application goals defined with the technical management, project management and all project participants are achieved.
Exploration of further business opportunities:
Identification and exploitation of additional business opportunities during project implementation, e.g. identifying Change Requests or extending the scope towards generic application work packages.
Technical leadership of the overall system having ETCS L2, Interlocking, Train Supervision and Traffic Management, Project including resource planning and coordination with the organizational units involved. Managing following setup:
- Design, Interface, Scope and Engineering Input clarification with customer and partners.
- Interfacing/Clarification with all Project teams for Architecture, Engineering and alignment with independent safety assessor
- Evaluation of customer and internal requirements towards establishing suitable project specific solution and requirements engineering/compliance
- Have performed hands on design engineering activities for System Design, Architecture, Technical leadership, Engineering for wayside and onboard ETCS, Evaluation of operational scenarios, requirements, and interfaces.
Understanding of other subsystem like Interlocking, ATS, Communication and Diagnostic Systems
- Knowledge on Test Management, Validation and RAMS
- Supporting installation and tests activities/teams onsite
- Knowledge of Projects Support functions (RM/DM/CM) and Quality Management
- Knowledge of Project Management principles towards planning, scheduling and budget controlling.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· Degree in electrical/electronics engineering or systems engineering preferably with railway specific specialization
· Extensive professional experience (10+ years) in railway transportation systems, ideally in the rail systems business.
· It would carry additional weightage if you at least have 5+ years of dedicated experience on system management/leading technical project teams with experience on all of these – Interlocking, Train Control and Train Supervision.
· 5+ years SW/HW engineering in either IxL, Train Control or ATS/TMS
· Experience with CBTC, ETCS L1 also acceptable, if candidate shows strong technical and managerial skills (alternatively for ETCS L2 experience).
· Extensive technical knowledge on operation scenario, national values, terminology and packets/telegrams, ETCS Subsets and UNISIG baseline 2/3.
· Extensive knowledge on ETCS L1/L2/L3 Hybrid operation scenario, national values, terminology and packets/telegram.
· Willingness for ~5% business travel (Europe, potentially to Egypt).
· Project executions covering activities like customer interfacing, scope clarification, Design/Engineering planning and resource allocation
· Knowledge of project management principles for project realization and execution
· Fluent English essential both written and oral.
· Independent and structured approach to work
· Team leadership and mediation skills between teams
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time