The next wave of innovation for motors and drives
The “Digital Drive Train” (DDT) is a portfolio of digital offerings supporting the engineering and operation of a drive train (e.g., industrial motor and inverter) – providing, for instance, engineers with a virtual representation of the drive train for faster and more accurate engineering, faster commissioning and users who are seeking for an optimization of their operation e.g. with a predictive maintenance solution to avoid unplanned down times. Such digital offerings are not only an emerging business on their own, but they are also vital to ensure the future competitiveness of the entire Siemens drive train portfolio. Customers increasingly demand digitally enriched motors and inverters to e.g., know in advance about a potential failure of a motor, estimate the remaining lifetime, and take data-based operational decisions thanks to automated interpretations of anomalies in operations. Furthermore, the DDT is an important ingredient to optimize the performance and the environmental footprint of a drive train.
In order to further drive our ambitious business plans and bring our offerings to the entire market we serve with our motors and inverters, we have decided to address DDT PLM Process, Patents and Intellectual Properties, Project and System Management and OT/IT Architecture in one unit.
- Ensure a consistent and scalable IT-OT architecture applying and developing modern software guidance, governance, frameworks, and technologies.
- Support of our product management regarding Operational Technology (OT) security requirements; close cooperation with the edge development team to find suitable solutions.
- You will also go hands-on into the realization always in close interaction with customers and our development teams.
- Take active control of the integration of new OT technologies and methods associated with the DDT solutions.
- Enable new use cases of the DDT solutions by exploring and defining options of innovative OT technologies and decide with the product management team on the best implementation.
- You have a technical degree, such as Information Technology, Business Computing, Software Engineering, or Industrial Engineering
- Deep Knowledge in IoT, Industry 4.0 and communication protocols, like OPC-UA, MQTT.
- Deep Knowledge in Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) and Industrial Ethernet Standards like Profinet, Profibus, etc.
- Deep interest in security trends in the areas of OT and IoT
- Experience in the area of cyber security and/or software development
- Knowledge of common cyber security standards, such as IEC 62443 or ISO 27001 would be advantageous.
- Hands-on mindset, independent and structured way of working.
- Team player with a strong sense of responsibility and a solution-oriented way of thinking
- Language proficient in English
- 5 weeks of vacation, flexible working hours, home office and company nursery school in Prague for work life balance
- An individual budget of 48,000 CZK, which you can turn into a combination of up to 8 days of extra holidays, cafeteria points or pension and / or life insurance
- E-voucher card - you can use for paying in stores like Tesco, Albert
- Possibility to become a Siemens shareholder and get free stocks
- Various discounts and offers
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We are committed to forming a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This is how we work best. Problem solvers and entrepreneurs are highly welcome.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens and learn more: www.siemens.com
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time