We are seeking a Materials Interface Engineer to join us at Siemens Mobility – Rail infrastructure, This role will be a permanent full-time role based from our Glasgow sites.
About Your Role
Reporting to the Regional Engineering Manager the Materials Interface Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the correct materials for the projects in the regional portfolio are ordered on time and to budget to support delivery. The Materials ordering will be automated via P6 schedules and the ERP system, the Materials Interface Engineer will monitor this process and intervene by exception to ensure that the right materials are ordered at the right point in time. Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension.
- Liaise with the Bids and Tenders Team during mobilization to generate a Bill of Materials from the estimate for projects entering the portfolio, ensuring the BOM is captured in the ERP system.
- Maintain the Bill of Materials for projects in the regional portfolio in ERP throughout the project lifecycle.
- Monitor P6 materials schedule and ensure ERP correctly orders materials at the appropriate point in the project
- Liaise with buyers and supply chain to ensure delivery schedule is maintained and remedy any logistical problems arising
- Ensure that all materials ordered have the correctly identified part number
- Ensure that scheduled materials ordering via ERP meets the projects needs
- Ensure that the specification of products and materials meets necessary standards and project requirements.
- Updating Bill of Material details from design outputs ensure updated versions from design
- Liaise with Project Management and Engineering staff to control the process of project material variations / change.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
* Good communication skills
* Excellent understanding of Siemens Rail Business Systems
* Good understanding of railway based products and materials
* Proven track record within Supply Chain function
* Ability to communicate at any level from Site Based Personnel to external suppliers at Director level
* Able to communicate relevant information to those who need to know (eg Managers, Project Leaders, Quality and Safety Engineers and colleagues)
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time