Siemens Industry – Digital Industry: The Motion Control business unit has a Sustainable Energy Industry Manager Engineer position available, focusing on Energy Storage and Energy Transfer Variable Speed Drive (VSD) Applications. For the initial six (6) months several product and solution training sessions will be based in Atlanta. Long-term placement will be based on business needs, but most likely close to a large metropolitan location such as Atlanta or a large city along the east coast for example.
The Sustainable Energy Industry Manager will report to GMC Vertical Industries Business Development team. The team is dispersed throughout the USA but headquartered in Atlanta. A successful candidate will need to operate independently but leverage the Siemens organization to engage opportunities.
The focus will be on low voltage variable speed drives in Power Conversion Systems (PCS) for Microgrids applications such as energy storage, frequency conversion, island microgrids, supplemental power from sustainable energy sources.
• Assist customers with VSD products and solutions for PCS applications, by evaluating the customer’s requirements, and optimizing the solution.
• Leverage the Application Center (APC) to technically support customers using VSD products and solutions for PCS applications.
• Provide demonstrations of Siemens Drives and Motion products and solutions
• Assistance with sizing and selecting products
• Assist with conversion strategies and investments
• Develop an annual business plan for low voltage VSDs in the Agriculture Industry, evaluating the market, account strategies, and providing feedback to Product Management regarding new product development.
• Generates technical collateral such as application notes and examples for reuse by others.
• Must have strong written and communication skills.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS/BA in related field, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of Education and experience.
• Certification may be required in some areas.
• Strong technical knowledge of Drives and Motion Control equipment
• A strong understanding of UL1741 requirements.
• Candidate must be highly driven and self-motivated
• Requires strong capabilities in the areas of business results orientation; customer orientation and collaboration & influencing.
• Applies professional communication, presentation, networking and lobbying skills at all levels up to executive level
• Consistent track record of developing new business opportunities in a teaming environment.
• Candidate preferred to have 8+ years of previous experience selling technical products and solutions. 5+ years of prior experience is required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
PLEASE NOTE: Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.