*This job is remote available anywhere within the greater Seattle, WA or Portland, OR Metropolitan area.
From digitalization to electrification and automation, Siemens is changing the world you live in and the places you work. Being part of our company lets you solve complex challenges, every day. Our people help to move the world forward. We are 351,000 innovators creating a new vision for the next generation.
Siemens Industry, Machine Tool Systems, is looking for an Account Manager for our Northwest territory. Target customers are machine tool builders with manufacturing sites in Oregon and Washington.
This position will provide a great balance of working remotely and virtually as well as local car and air travel where needed (30%-40%).
The Account Manager is a key role within the Machine Tool Systems segment to ensure our continued success. The candidate will be responsible for managing high-profile accounts to drive sales of CNC and automation equipment including software solutions that enable our customers to capture new revenue streams.
The territory offers a large, existing account base as well as opportunities to develop new accounts.
Strategic development and execution of sales plans are imperative to generate sustainable growth and drive customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate is a curious, self-driven individual open to new ways of conducting business in a rapidly changing business environment. The candidate must be a team player and an excellent communicator. The long-term success of Siemens originates from teamwork across our matrix organization, passion for cutting-edge technologies and true care about our customers’ needs.
A solid background in one or more of the relevant areas such as industrial manufacturing, CNC and automation controls, machine tools, robotics and digitalization is highly desired.
The candidate must be located close to a major airport with good access to the territory.
This position has great exposure to our local and global executive management and provides excellent opportunities for talents with career aspirations within Siemens.
• Take over a multi-million-dollar territory with existing high-profile accounts
• Expand the business to meet or exceed your set quota by increasing Siemens’ share of wallet and entering into new accounts
• Develop, expand and cultivate long-term relationships with key contacts within the customer organization including C-level
• Negotiate pricing deals, sales agreements and project support
• Drive direct sales of the Siemens CNC hardware and software portfolio with domestic machine tool builders
• Orchestrate your assigned account team and take responsibility to develop and execute strategic account plans to ensure achievement of set business goals in alignment with Siemens business strategy
• Work closely with marketing to create and distribute customer success stories increasing recognition of Siemens Machine Tool Systems in the US
• Be the trusted advisor of your customers to guide them into new markets (e. g. composite or additive manufacturing) and the use of new technologies (e. g. CNC robotics, digital twins, IoT…)
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
• 5+ years of sales experience, e. g. account management or business development, with consistent quota achievement
• 8+ years total work experience
• Solid understanding of CNC controls, industrial automation technologies, and digitalization
• Experience in selling complex solutions or systems in the manufacturing industry
• High level of self-driven decision-making abilities guided by set business targets
• Entrepreneurial thinking and commitment to develop new opportunities
• Excellent communication & presentation skills across all levels of a customer organization
• Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Sales or engineering experience with machine tools or CNC controls / automation equipment
• Basic knowledge about major growth industries, markets and technologies (additive and composite manufacturing, digitalization, e-mobility, aerospace or electronics industry)
• Sales certifications or trainings (value selling, trend selling, challenger sales, MEDDIC…)
• Strong network in US machine building industry
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Engineering preferred
• Individual must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
• Long-term career options!
• Competitive base salary with incentive plan based on set quota
• New way of working remotely where applicable
• Medical / prescription / dental / vision / life insurance
• 401K retirement savings plan with 6% match
• Short & long-term disability insurance
• Six weeks paid parental leave for parents
• Flexible paid time-off policy
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Executive Consulting Group, LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.