Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Head of Sales Operations for Point of Care.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing.
Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This role is remote, but candidates must be located in the North East to travel to the Boston, MA office to collaborate with team members based on business need.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career.
The successful candidate for the position will work individually and in collaboration with a cross-functional team to drive excellence in Sales Operations. The Point of Care Diagnostics business develops and sustains systems for in vitro diagnostic (IVD) instruments for point of care and laboratory medical testing. These medical devices provide rapid and accurate diagnostic testing for clinical laboratories and point of care clinicians for the diagnosis and monitoring of patients with diabetes, kidney diseases, cardiac conditions, respiratory issues, critical care conditions, and other clinical applications.
This is a Senior level individual contributor role at first with the opportunity to build a team. As a Head of Sales Operations for our Point of Care Diagnostics business, you will have the following responsibilities:
Sales Operations is a crucial function within a business that helps to optimize the sales process and improve revenue growth. This role will report to the Global Sales and Marketing leader and play a very important and active role in shaping and influencing our go to market strategy.
The Head of Sales Operations will have the following focus areas:
- Sales Analytics and Reporting: analyze sales data to identify trends, patterns, and insights that can be used to improve sales performance. Be able to create simple dashboards and reports to help sales leaders and reps make data-driven decisions.
- Sales Planning and Forecasting: Working closely with finance, work with sales leaders to develop sales plans and forecasts. You will play a key role in translating the marketing customer segmentation into a sales strategy and tactics for key markets. Help to set sales targets, allocate resources, and identify opportunities for growth.
- Sales Rep performance tracking and compensation: Support optimizing sales by creating, tracking, and building the capability to track KPIs at the sale rep level (i.e. Performance to quota). And provide a global sales rep compensation framework. The purpose of sales compensation planning is to align the interests of the sales team with the overall goals of the organization, motivate salespeople to achieve their targets, and ensure that compensation is fair and consistent across the team.
- Sales Technology: manage and optimize the sales technology stack, including customer relationship management (CRM) systems, sales automation tools, and other sales-related software. They ensure that systems are integrated and functioning properly to support the sales team.
- Sales Training: The goal of sales training is to equip sales reps with the knowledge and tools in basic selling skills and competencies as well as product knowledge. Sales operations will also develop and refine sales processes and methodologies to help sales teams close more deals and achieve better results. This may include creating playbooks, provide training and coaching, and develop tools and resources to help sales reps be more effective.
Typical Business Activities to Expect
Leadership Presence and Communication
- Strong communications skills with the ability to simplify the complex to drive results at different levels within an organization from sales reps to senior leaders
- Ability to manage upward using fact-based analyses as well as high EQ to influence change
- Ability to collaborate with different levels, functions as well as different country specific cultures to create a positive impact
- Support the downstream execution of the global strategy, working closely with key markets to translate strategy to tactics, including channel strategy, product/portfolio decisions, account-level segmentation, and resource allocation
- Support key markets in identifying and executing on business acceleration opportunities
Insights & Analytics
- Collect and analyze market and internal metrics; develop and automate systematic processes
- Derive critical insights to drive improved customer segmentation, opportunity identification/quantification, and inform our commercial strategy
- Develop recommendations around sales strategy, account and KOL coverage, incentive plans, and other sales related activities for execution in the Regions
- Develop overall pricing strategy and architecture to optimize transparency and monitoring; provide deal execution support
- Understand ‘true’ customer profitability and identify highest value opportunities
Product Launch Readiness
- Enable regional launch excellence processes and governance
- Collaborate with country-level marketing and sales teams on product launch plans and execution
Required skills for the success in this role
- Experience in commercial strategy including sales strategy, pricing, and sales effectiveness; track record in leading projects to successful completion
- Strong aptitude for data, analytics and extracting insights
- Ability to prioritize multiple deliverables and comfortable with ambiguity and evolving priorities
- Strong change management skills and leadership IQ/EQ
- Solid strategic planning abilities and business acumen
- Analytical mindset, ability to derive critical insights from data
- Strong communication and influencing skills and able to clearly articulate recommendations to senior management (C-suite, Regional Managers, etc.)
- BS/BA required with at least 10+ years of experience, MBA strongly preferred
- Health-care/medical device industry experience is preferred
- 20% travel required
The pay range for this position is $165,552.00-$227,634.00 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The annual incentive target is (15%) of base pay.
Siemens Healthineers offers a variety of health and wellness benefits including paid time off and holiday pay. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://benefitsatshs.com/index.html
This information is provided per the required state Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Siemens Healthineers external or internal careers site.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
“Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US export control law.” “It is Siemens Healthineers’ policy to comply fully and completely with all United States export control laws and regulations, including those implemented by the Department of Commerce through the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), by the Department of State through the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and by the Treasury Department through the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctions regulations.”
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.