Job Title: Software Engineer C++ / Linux
Job Reference #: 355287*
Job Location: Saskatoon, Canada, or Weert, Netherlands
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here:  www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Here at Siemens Digital Industries Software we are looking for a Software Engineer to join our technical team at the research & development site of Siemens EDA. We develop innovative chip design software that is used by some of the world’s largest technology companies. At Siemens EDA, we develop custom software to solve problems in circuit verification, design automation, design validation and other specialized fields within the semiconductor industry. Solutions are found through approaches such as machine learning, statistical analysis, and advanced (and patented!) techniques.
You will be working at the cutting-edge of software development with industry-leading customers at one of the largest companies in the world. This position is located in our R&D office in Weert, the Netherlands.
- Use C++ to develop software that addresses some of the world’s most challenging problems.
- Work with our top-notch technical team, here in Weert and around the world, to ensure our leading electronic design automation products evolve to meet the changing expectations of our customers.
- Interact directly with technology experts at major semiconductor companies to define, develop, and deliver new products and product features.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop high-quality software in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in some or all of the following: C++, Linux, testing, source control (Git), algorithms, debugging, profiling, GUI design (Qt)
- Excellent interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) proven through software documentation (commit messages, docstrings, etc), collecting customer requirements, and communicating with team members.
- A team player; an ability to provide and be receptive of constructive feedback (through code reviews, design iteration, verification process) and to provide mentorship to junior developers.
- Customer-focused; ability to prioritize tasks based on customer experience and ROI.
- Willingness to learn and interested in new challenges.
- Nice-to-have expertise: Python, statistics, test automation, transistor-level circuit design, EDA CAD tools, and release management.
- Available to work from our Weert facility a couple of days per week as we do offer flexible working arrangements with the option to split your week between working from home and the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Electronic Design Automation B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time