Systems Operations Specialist Supervisor – Smart Buildings
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives. This position leads a team responsible for performing installation, startup and commissioning for building automation systems. The right candidate will provide technical expertise, leadership, and accountability for all solutions and service projects, technology upgrades, and warranty work.
- Supervise, train, and mentor the Building Automation Specialist & Installation team; set goals, monitor performance, conduct employee review meetings, and schedule formal training.
- Work with project managers to schedule and assign projects and tasks to the team.
- Ensure schedules are maintained and projects proceed according to plans, job specifications, and cost estimates.
- Maintain and improve planned and booked margins for project labor.
- Direct and supervise the development and use of project plans in monitoring and controlling the
- execution of work.
- Review customer feedback and ensure customer retention and account growth goals such as adds, extras, upgrades, and escalations are achieved.
- Maintain the relationships between sales, engineering, and executions teams so changes and
- discrepancies can be managed to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating and execution phases of projects.
- Support project profitability through cost-containment procedures and processes.
- Travel between project sites as needed.
- Perform Individual & team skill set reviews and plan training
- Conduct growth talks for career development
- Provide technical expertise/support for project managers
- Responsible for maintaining planned utilization for the team
- Provide input for long-term labor planning – responsible for specialist &installer interviews/hiring
- Provide sales support and cost reviews and labor estimating for building automation projects
- First level escalation for 24/7 on-call
- Facilitate technical turnover from Project Manager to Specialists & Installers
- Provide limited technical support for specialists
- Acts as project manager for select projects
- Conducts on-site safety audits
- Contributes to branch financial planning
- Associate degree from a two-year college or technical school; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in engineering or project management; 5+ years preferred
- Experience supervising teams; 3+ preferred
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity or experience with HVAC, Building Automation, Fire Alarm, or Security systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Bluebeam or equivalent software preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible position
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.