Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Software Development Intern.
This is a role well suited to a student working
towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. As a Software Development Intern,
- Develop software solutions for internal R&D applications.
- Analyze user stories and envision how they will become system features and provide the means to get them from ideas to solutions.
- Work with our developers to integrate different applications together by designing and implementing Rest APIs, databases, and server configurations.
- Help the team with testing, documentation and research as needed.
- Participate in a small collaborative and cross-functional scrum team
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- You will have the ability to learn and work on the following technologies:
o Microsoft: C#.Net, Windows Programming - Services, Asp Core - Web API, ASP - MVC, Entity Framework, Open XML, Azure SDK for .Net, Azure Storage, Azure Messaging, Azure Authentication & Security, Diagnostics & Monitoring.
o Databases: Mongo DB, SQL Server - TSQL / Programmability.
o Reporting: Power BI
o Nice to have: Artificial Intelligence (Azure ML/OpenAI/Form Recognizer)
- You understand the theory and practice of Source Control (we use Git) and have knowledge of DevOps
- You are a great communicator and enjoy working in a small team of developers self-organized into a Scrum team.
- You enjoy learning by doing and exploring new ideas without strong guidance on exactly how an activity should be done and you are not afraid to fail fast and learn.
- You provide support for users and can take an incomplete description of a problem and ask the right questions to truly understand their issue and help provide a solution Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Enrolled in a Degree Program in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering
- Minimum of 1 year Software Development Experience
- Ability to solve problems and analyze issues independently
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US export control law. It is Siemens Healthineers’ policy to comply fully and completely with all United States export control laws and regulations, including those implemented by the Department of Commerce through the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), by the Department of State through the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and by the Treasury Department through the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctions regulations.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.