Why Choose us?
As trusted advisor to the Head of Performance Controlling and CFO of EP CEA Segment and a senior member of the finance management team you are driving analysis and appraisal of business performance, underlying operational KPIs, and relevant internal and external developments.
You collaborate closely with the business and members of the finance management team, to ensure effective and strategic capital and resource allocation. Focusing on value creation and performance improvements across income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements, you prepare and orchestrate performance dialogues, forecast processes and budgets together with the Business and Finance Heads for our business lines, regions and functions.
As a person, you impress with a pronounced performance / value creation mindset, your ability to analyze, a strong people orientation and effective communication skills. You showcase a proven ability to bring about changes and business transformations that are effectively implemented to achieve sustainable improvements. Your assertiveness and your pronounced track-record to deliver results as part of a highly professional and ambitious team are complemented by strong work ethics and commitment.
What are my responsibilities?
- Financial Reporting: Development of reporting standards, incl. performance review formats for Business Lines, Regions, Factories, Functions and Legal entities. Managing of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial cadence / reporting schedule to SI China and SI EP BU.
- Financial Performance Analysis: Analysis and appraisal of business performance, underlying operational KPIs, and relevant internal and external developments. Profitability and growth analysis, performance commentaries, presentations, bridges, currency calculations.
- Planning and Forecast: Responsible for monthly and quarterly close/forecast (orders / revenue, bottom line, Cash Items, Headcount and other financial KPIs). Be an enabler of useful and dependable data for the whole CEA finance group as well as orchestrating the budget process for CEA, including target setting and incentives, performance evaluations and executive management presentations.
- Financial appraisal: Support effective and strategic capital and resource allocation by sound financial appraisals of investment decisions and business cases together with the business and other finance departments. Policy setting and governance for definition and consistent implementation of hurdle rates, core modelling assumptions and scenario approaches.
- Risk Management, Internal Control Process: Creation of transparency regarding the risk situation, reporting and controlling of identified risks by appropriate mitigation measures, and fulfillment of associated legal requirements. Steering of Enterprise Risk Management as well as the Internal Control.
- Digital Finance: Development of digital tools / dashboards to support and streamline analysis, be a continuous learner and advocate for digitalization in finance community. Be an enabler of useful and dependable data for the whole CEA finance group.
- Remark: This controlling job is a headquarter position for EP CEA headquarter (China & East Asia), including regions China mainland, Taiwan, Hongkong, Japan and Korea and requires consolidation across regions and multiple AREs.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Broad experience in business performance controlling and accounting principles (including income statement, executive management reporting, profit transitions/bridges, balance sheet and cash flow analysis)
- Business acumen to derive precise business performance analysis including commenting, descriptive analysis, identifying trends and derive meaningful measures leading to business performance improvement incl. review of business plans and scenario thinking / analysis
- Result and high-quality orientated working attitude. Focusing on critical KPI’s and effective tracking mechanisms that identify warning signals and trends
- Successful working in a global matrix, with strong communication skills and min. 6 years of professional experience in various financial controlling positions incl. exposure to international collaboration
- Broad experience in using common programs for data processing (Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, Tools used for Dashboard purpose)
- Growth mindset and able to think ahead. Curiosity to find new ways to meet challenges and solve problems, Be open-minded for changes and new opportunities
- Chinese and English language skills
Advantage if have in addition:
- Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting and / or education as professional accountant (CPA or equivalent)
- Prior experience and knowledge of the Siemens specific processes and guidelines for financial purpose (e.g., SFRG, implementation guidelines, financial tools and governance owners)
- Understanding of SI EP product portfolio, business models, key business drivers and KPIs
- Experience in Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Control
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time