Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We strive to transform the everyday for our customers, employees, and society by:
- Trusting and empowering our leaders to act as owners, directing their teams, and innovating to succeed.
- Communicating openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes.
- Recognizing individual and team achievements frequently
- Our focus on investment in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
The Siemens Project Management Office (PMO) is looking for a Project Manager to join our team in Electrification and Automation (EA) and Protection and Automation (P&A) Team. The Electrification & Automation business unit covers the entire spectrum for power distribution systems and solutions as well as products for protection technology, station automation, telecontrol technology, power quality, smart communication and microgrids. As a PM, you will be responsible for the successful execution of projects, from project initiation through final closeout. You will work in a matrix style organization requiring excellent coordination skills and the ability to manage competing priorities. Headquartered in Wendell, NC, the EA PMO executes a diverse portfolio of projects and this position will be focused on Large Solutions, including medium-voltage power distribution equipment packaging and services. The P&A PM role comes with ample opportunities for growth, reflective of Siemens mission to empower people with a growth mindset. As a customer facing team, we keep customer satisfaction at the forefront as we manage large projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Direct all phases of projects from inception through completion.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule, quality, and technical performance of the assigned project(s).
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Provide regular updates to team, management, and PMO on work performed, plans, budget, and overall status.
- Identify project problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Manage customer expectations across project cycle and lead single and multi-product medium voltage solutions projects
- Direct diagnostics with the ability to determine root cause and corrective actions.
- 20% Travel required (national and international)
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college
- 5+ years proven track record of managing complex large scale Substation Automation (Protection and Control) Systems projects preferably in the utility/energy sector (Transmission, Generation and Distribution).
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in identifying and implementing cost savings measures within project
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a proven track record of managing multi-disciplinary teams, including program management, services, engineering, operations, and logistics
- Commitment to develop, drive, and manage projects in a highly competitive market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to present complex issues to multi-level audiences and effectively communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external Customers
- Ability to interpret and report results to senior management as well as customer
In addition to the growth and development opportunities we continue to foster, we offer included benefits of flexible PTO, a matching 401K plan, stock share match, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, potential for hybrid remote work, and so much more.
About Smart Infrastructure – Electrification and Automation:
The Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio and applications to create the power distribution grid of the future. Our comprehensive portfolio meets the growing technical requirements of today’s and tomorrow’s power grid!
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.