Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Research & Development Clinical Operations Intern to gain exposure to the biotechnology and Siemen’s culture.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Research & Development Clinical Operations Intern you will be responsible for:
- Clinical Study Management: Learn about operational execution of clinical research protocols, including clinical investigator/physician identification, engagement and management, study start-up activities, collection and monitoring of study data, and maintaining a state of continual Regulatory Inspection readiness.
- discussions. Conduct literature searches for benchmarking study design elements. Contribute to review of clinical documents for accuracy and consistency with study execution. Support Clinical Study team in creation of therapeutic training in the disease state under evaluation and the study protocol.
- Scientist and learn the ins and outs of assay development by participating in the clinical study team meetings.
- Functional Group Collaborations: Interact with Clinical Science and Clinical Operation professionals and other groups within the Medical Affairs.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to develop your career with Healthineers:
- As a summer intern in a Clinical Operations role, you will be a member of a clinical team dedicated to the execution of clinical strategies; the clinical and operational implementation of complex clinical studies.
- The selected candidates will be assigned a mentor and will have the opportunity to contribute to clinical trials.
- This role involves extensive interactions with colleagues from various functional groups.
- The intern may work on Cross-Functional Team activities, including but not limited to reviewing clinical trial protocol, clinical trial materials, review of clinical data, study reports and providing support (as needed) for preparation of relevant documents.
- Each intern will be assigned projects and will be encouraged to present their work to their project teams at the conclusion of the internship.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Preferred 3.0 GPA
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program (minimum rising junior preferred)
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for the duration of the 10 – 12 week summer internship period
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator
- Ability to be flexible and adjust quickly as priorities change
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Start Date: May 2023
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US export control law." "It is Siemens Healthineers’ policy to comply fully and completely with all United States export control laws and regulations, including those implemented by the Department of Commerce through the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), by the Department of State through the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and by the Treasury Department through the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctions regulations.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.