Siemens Airport Logistics is looking for a Buyer or our Airport project execution business in the provision of state of the art baggage handling systems. This position performs various procurement activities in order to provide our manufactured and third party supplied products on time and on budget to multiple project sites.
What you will do:
- Responsible for all activities in the preparation of placing orders from RFQ generation, vendor selection and issuance of purchase orders
- Additional responsibilities may include:
- negotiating best value with suppliers
- creation/validation of purchase order supporting documentation
- communications with suppliers regarding delivery status
- coordination and tracking of shipments
- work closely with suppliers and projects sites to ensure goods receipts are accurate and timely
- reconciliation of invoice discrepancies
- work as a member of the project teams to fulfill customer requirements
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Advanced hands-on knowledge of SAP, Excel and Microsoft Office
- BS/BA in related discipline and/or equivalent relevant experience.
self-motivated individual who requires and prefers little guidance from manager
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to provide data in a concise and appropriate detail
- 1-3 years of purchasing experience
- Adaptability to a fast paced and changing business environment
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Advanced knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Expert knowledge of Excel is a plus
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing/warehousing type of operation
As an employee of Siemens Logistics, benefits start on day one and include:
- Sign-on Bonus - $5000
- Competitive pay
- Excellent healthcare coverage
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement
- Matching 401(k)
- Paid time off/company holidays
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
Siemens Logistics is recognized by “Fortune” as one of 2022’s Most Admired Companies in the world. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that embraces and promotes ownership culture, empowerment, open communication, diversity, and collaboration.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Design your future with us! Apply today and join Team Siemens.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.